Quinn Emanuel Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emanuel

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:35 pm

historically, how is the offer rate for NY office?
did quinn do any lay-offs for ny office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 am

bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:57 pm

bump!

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 pm

I don't know any of this for sure, but I would think Quinn has a strong offer rate across all offices and very little trouble with recession layoffs. There are reasons to be wary of Quinn, but none of them are in this vein. They print money over there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:45 pm

Lots of discussion of what their dress code means for guys on CBs but what about for ladies? I have a CB at the NY office next week and don't know what to wear, the email confirming my interview reiterated their no dress code policy so I feel like I shouldn't wear a full on suit but suit --> insta business casual is harder to pull off as a girl when you have no tie to take off. Suggestions?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:38 am

I have a friend who I just asked about this, just got done with a Quinn dinner (and I really loved everyone), hoping for a response and want to start thinking about clothes. Friend did their pre-OCI hiring thing successfully.

She wore black pants with a bright belt, bright silk shirt, black blazer that was obviously a different fabric than the pants to make it clear that it wasn't a suit. She also felt free to take the blazer on and off as temperature required, rather than stuffily keeping it on all day even though the interview might be a bazillion degrees.

My plan if I get a response is to wear a conservative dress, the kind I usually wear to networking cocktails, with a different colored blazer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:09 am

I'm a woman and wore a light colored suit (khaki, but light gray would work too) with a cream top and a "statement" necklace. I got an offer. I felt it conveyed the right combination of respect for the opportunity/firm/my interviewers without telegraphing that I didn't realize that the firm was "casual." No one will ever hold it against you for being slightly overdressed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:27 am

I interviewed with the DC office and the recruiting manager made it clear that the dress was business casual and not a suit. I did my interview in slacks and a dress shirt; I received an offer that day. Maybe I'm just an odd person when it comes to attention to detail, but if the instructions say business casual then you should listen. I think it's also safe to ask the recruiting manager of that office how you should dress for the interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:43 am

i wore slacks, button down and wing tips to my dc interview and got an offer on the spot. i wouldn't wear a suit

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed with the DC office and the recruiting manager made it clear that the dress was business casual and not a suit. I did my interview in slacks and a dress shirt; I received an offer that day. Maybe I'm just an odd person when it comes to attention to detail, but if the instructions say business casual then you should listen. I think it's also safe to ask the recruiting manager of that office how you should dress for the interview.
Same, but for SF. Felt extremely overdressed even like that

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”