Texas Markets: Results Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:41 pm

how long can someone take to turn down an offer? It sure would help those of us on several "waiting lists" if it were sooner than later... :(

Regarding the B&G offer, have any idea if he/she plans to take it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone hearing anything from Thompson Knight Houston? With the exception of the Texas Interview Program thread from a few weeks ago, there hasn't been much about them (offers or dings) on TLS.


I got an offer from them last week, turned it down today.


When was your cb?


I think it was about an 8 day turnaround before I got the offer; so the callback was about two weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone hearing anything from Thompson Knight Houston? With the exception of the Texas Interview Program thread from a few weeks ago, there hasn't been much about them (offers or dings) on TLS.


I got an offer from them last week, turned it down today.


When was your cb?


I think it was about an 8 day turnaround before I got the offer; so the callback was about two weeks ago.


Appreciate the info. Hopefully, I'm on the waiting list and not the super-slow mail ding list.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how long can someone take to turn down an offer? It sure would help those of us on several "waiting lists" if it were sooner than later... :(

Regarding the B&G offer, have any idea if he/she plans to take it?

Yes, the person accepted it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:how long can someone take to turn down an offer? It sure would help those of us on several "waiting lists" if it were sooner than later... :(

Regarding the B&G offer, have any idea if he/she plans to take it?

28 days from the date of the offer letter, though you can request an extension.

28 days - http://www.nalp.org/interpretations#calc

Extensions - http://www.nalp.org/interpretations#extend

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are some of these houston firms waiting until after all cbs to make offers?

There was at least one B&G Houston offer yesterday

Also got B&G offer on Tuesday (same day second post referred to). Mine was a couple of weeks after CB; some have gotten offers within 2-3 days, though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers from AK houston yet?


i havent heard of any yet either...and it has been awhile. someone tell me they have so i know ive been rejected? haha


some just went out. literally.

Know of at least one more AK Houston offer that went out on Tuesday (9/28).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are some of these houston firms waiting until after all cbs to make offers?

There was at least one B&G Houston offer yesterday

Also got B&G offer on Tuesday (same day second post referred to). Mine was a couple of weeks after CB; some have gotten offers within 2-3 days, though.


Have you accepted the offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 am

This is a different poster but I turned down a BG offer last week so good luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are some of these houston firms waiting until after all cbs to make offers?

There was at least one B&G Houston offer yesterday

Also got B&G offer on Tuesday (same day second post referred to). Mine was a couple of weeks after CB; some have gotten offers within 2-3 days, though.


Have you accepted the offer?

I accepted it when they called to make the offer -- really liked the firm a lot. However, I know a couple of people who declined offers that they had been considering during this past week. It seems like their hiring committee usually meets early in the week (everyone I know who has gotten a B&G offer has gotten it Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday morning), and I'm sure they'll be extending some more offers next week... good luck!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Do these firms typically wait until after hiring committee meetings to extend offers after their first-choice candidates have turned them down? Or is there just a list they go down?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Anyone heard from Looper Reed McGraw (Houston office)??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 am

Anyone turn down or know of anyone turning down Jackson Walker Houston or Dallas?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:57 am

Howz bout Weil Dallas? Any movement in the last week or so as the 28 day deadlines approach?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 am

Sent in my acceptance/rejections at the end of last week, so hopefully that opens things up for people (the big Houston firms, i.e. Fulbright, AK, etc.). Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone turn down or know of anyone turning down Jackson Walker Houston or Dallas?


+1, looking for news on JW San Antonio too.... anyone heard of any offers going out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:22 am

Has anyone heard of any Houston offers being made this week? CBs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard of any Houston offers being made this week? CBs?


I can confirm one T&K and one Mayer Brown offer this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:40 pm

JW ding today via snail mail. 5 weeks after CB - ouch.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:15 am

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:48 am

Has anyone heard updates on Weil Dallas offers or dings other than what's already been posted here?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:24 am

Any Houston firms still hiring? Also, does anyone have any experience applying for positions with any firms in East Texas?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 pm

bump


any dallas firms still hiring?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:42 pm

well i got a HB san antonio cb about a week and a half ago.

does anyone have any insights into the San Antonio market vs. the Houston market? anything helps.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273328
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:43 am

Those of you who nailed a first half offer but struck out on the second half- thoughts?

Just chill out and backpack for a month? Splatter small firms with apps around Christmas to try to find something/anything for July/August?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.