Texas Markets: Results Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long are most of the big Texas firms between CBs and offers? Any idea what the typical turnaround time is?


Five offers from BigTex. Ranged from two days to eight days.

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers coming out of V&E Dallas yet? If so, when did you do your callback interview?


First week of September.


When did they inform you of the offer? Was it the talent manager or the screener interviewer that informed you of the offer? Also was it by snail-mail/email/phonecall? Sorry for all the questions, currently V&E is my top choice.


My original screener, also a partner in the office, called me two days after my callback interview. (S)He left a voicemail and then called again later that evening. The firm follows up with a letter mailed to your permanent address. Good luck.

Jason321123
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:41 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Jason321123 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long are most of the big Texas firms between CBs and offers? Any idea what the typical turnaround time is?


Five offers from BigTex. Ranged from two days to eight days.

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers coming out of V&E Dallas yet? If so, when did you do your callback interview?


First week of September.


When did they inform you of the offer? Was it the talent manager or the screener interviewer that informed you of the offer? Also was it by snail-mail/email/phonecall? Sorry for all the questions, currently V&E is my top choice.


My original screener, also a partner in the office, called me two days after my callback interview. (S)He left a voicemail and then called again later that evening. The firm follows up with a letter mailed to your permanent address. Good luck.


Thank you. You have been most informative and helpful. I really appreciate it. Congratulations on your offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 pm

JW Austin ding letter. That one hurt.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:48 pm

How long after the CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long after the CB?


CB early August from mail in. 4 weeks later.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Do firms ever ding you by phone? Got a very curt message from my contact attorney (screening interviewer) telling me to call him back. Then again this fellow was curt during screening and I got a callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:01 pm

It's been done before but I highly doubt he'd have you call him back for a ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from firms in Dallas or Houston on Monday?


I received BB Dallas offer Monday morning

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Anyone know about Looper Reed McGraw in Dallas? I had callback a week ago, wasn't sure if anyone had about any offers. Also, anyone heard about any offers from Winstead in Dallas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:26 pm

What is V&E Houston's typical turnaround time? Had a CB last friday, it's now approaching the 1 week mark and I'm losing all hope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What is V&E Houston's typical turnaround time? Had a CB last friday, it's now approaching the 1 week mark and I'm losing all hope.


I wouldn't at all. They avg. a week and a half or so. I think their committee meets on Thursday or something. I had a friend interview about a week before me (both of us around the beginning of the week) and got an offer the following week on Thursday (~1.5 week). Same thing happened for me in timing. So wait till next Thurs. before losing all hope haha. Best of luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What is V&E Houston's typical turnaround time? Had a CB last friday, it's now approaching the 1 week mark and I'm losing all hope.


I wouldn't at all. They avg. a week and a half or so. I think their committee meets on Thursday or something. I had a friend interview about a week before me (both of us around the beginning of the week) and got an offer the following week on Thursday (~1.5 week). Same thing happened for me in timing. So wait till next Thurs. before losing all hope haha. Best of luck!


That makes me feel a lot better, actually. Thanks. Someone told me that V&E is 48 hours or bust, so after Tuesday, I just fell into a depression.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What is V&E Houston's typical turnaround time? Had a CB last friday, it's now approaching the 1 week mark and I'm losing all hope.


I wouldn't at all. They avg. a week and a half or so. I think their committee meets on Thursday or something. I had a friend interview about a week before me (both of us around the beginning of the week) and got an offer the following week on Thursday (~1.5 week). Same thing happened for me in timing. So wait till next Thurs. before losing all hope haha. Best of luck!


That makes me feel a lot better, actually. Thanks. Someone told me that V&E is 48 hours or bust, so after Tuesday, I just fell into a depression.


same poster as earlier: I think that 48 hr turnaround is VE Dallas, because I had heard of VE having 48 hr turnarounds...but everyone I know at VE HOUSTON had about 1 wk+ turnarounds on offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What is V&E Houston's typical turnaround time? Had a CB last friday, it's now approaching the 1 week mark and I'm losing all hope.


I wouldn't at all. They avg. a week and a half or so. I think their committee meets on Thursday or something. I had a friend interview about a week before me (both of us around the beginning of the week) and got an offer the following week on Thursday (~1.5 week). Same thing happened for me in timing. So wait till next Thurs. before losing all hope haha. Best of luck!


That makes me feel a lot better, actually. Thanks. Someone told me that V&E is 48 hours or bust, so after Tuesday, I just fell into a depression.


same poster as earlier: I think that 48 hr turnaround is VE Dallas, because I had heard of VE having 48 hr turnarounds...but everyone I know at VE HOUSTON had about 1 wk+ turnarounds on offers.


Yikes @ VE Dallas. Do you know if FJ Dallas has a similar turnaround time? They told me that the committee meets every Friday (so I shouldn't hear for 1+ weeks), but I feel like all firms say that even when it's faster.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 am

[/quote] same poster as earlier: I think that 48 hr turnaround is VE Dallas, because I had heard of VE having 48 hr turnarounds...but everyone I know at VE HOUSTON had about 1 wk+ turnarounds on offers.[/quote]

Can only speak for myself, but I received a callback 48 hours after my VE Houston interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
same poster as earlier: I think that 48 hr turnaround is VE Dallas, because I had heard of VE having 48 hr turnarounds...but everyone I know at VE HOUSTON had about 1 wk+ turnarounds on offers.


Can only speak for myself, but I received a callback 48 hours after my VE Houston interview.


Huh...imagine that. I don't know then -- maybe it depends on when during the 'season' we had our cbs. Was yours closer to the beginning? I know my friend's and mine were closer toward the end/more recent. If not, then paint me perplexed haha.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Does anyone still have an upcoming CB with JW Dallas? Any post-CB dings from JW Dallas?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

I have a CB with Jackson Walker next week in Dallas.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Anybody heard from Akin Houston recently?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Anyone heard from Latham & Watkins?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know about Looper Reed McGraw in Dallas? I had callback a week ago, wasn't sure if anyone had about any offers. Also, anyone heard about any offers from Winstead in Dallas? Any help is greatly appreciated.



I had a screener, no CB, but no ding yet either. And they have sent out dings. I believe they do emails. So they are still looking around.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:50 pm

What's the deal with Baker Botts only running a 6 week program? Combined with first half, this makes it well-nigh impossible to split with any peer firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:54 pm

It is 6 to 8 weeks at BB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:43 pm

V&E H offer... took more than a week. Maintain hope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Texas Markets: Results Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What's the deal with Baker Botts only running a 6 week program? Combined with first half, this makes it well-nigh impossible to split with any peer firm.


I think that that's the point. Fulbright runs their program the same way. V&E has a 10 week with a min of 6, and ends well before August. I think they are looking to solidify classes earlier in the game.

Personally, I'm not happy about it either.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.