Should I pay attention to Vault's regional rankings?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I pay attention to Vault's regional rankings?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I am fortunate enough to have offers at WilmerHale DC and Cleary DC. If I decide to go to DC, it will be between these two firms.

Should I care that Wilmer is ranked #3 in DC and Cleary is not even on the list? Or should that not be a factor in my decision?

Cavalier

Re: Should I pay attention to Vault's regional rankings?

Postby Cavalier » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:07 pm

With those two firms, the only factor should be whether or not you want to do antitrust.

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:21 am

Besides the antitrust issue (which you should consider), you should really choose based on "fit" at this point since both firms are very highly regarded (which basically means the exit options at both are comparable). Ask to speak with more associates (4th year and lower tend to be more open about the firm), and go back to do an additional visit/lunch if you're still undecided. I would recommend against looking at any Vault rankings (regional or otherwise) in deciding which of these two offers to take.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 pm

With those two firms, the only factor should be whether or not you want to do antitrust.

I am confused by this. As far as I can tell, they both have fantastic antitrust practices. How would this help me decide between the two.

If you are saying that I better want to do antitrust, since they both do so much of it, then I agree. And yes, I am looking to do antitrust work.

Return to “Legal Employment”