Skadden Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 pm

anyone?.....bueller?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:22 pm

I interviewed for their LA office on Wednesday. They said it might be a couple of weeks - sounded like they were going to interview a bunch/all from my school before making decisions.

nymario
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby nymario » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:33 pm

They (all firms really) say that to everyone. But they still make offers to people they like rather quickly. I was told the 2 week, everyone from the school, numbers game thing by a recruiter and got the offer in a couple days.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:00 pm

nymario wrote:They (all firms really) say that to everyone. But they still make offers to people they like rather quickly. I was told the 2 week, everyone from the school, numbers game thing by a recruiter and got the offer in a couple days.


What office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:04 am

bump. anon b/c I started the thread.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:37 pm

bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed for their LA office on Wednesday. They said it might be a couple of weeks - sounded like they were going to interview a bunch/all from my school before making decisions.


Offer at Skadden today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed for their LA office on Wednesday. They said it might be a couple of weeks - sounded like they were going to interview a bunch/all from my school before making decisions.


Offer at Skadden today.


LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed for their LA office on Wednesday. They said it might be a couple of weeks - sounded like they were going to interview a bunch/all from my school before making decisions.


Offer at Skadden today.


LA?


Yes

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Any word on NYC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word on NYC?


As said above, they tell you to expect a response within 1-2 weeks, but seem to offer within 2-3 days.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:37 am

I hear the hiring committee meets on Monday...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:I hear the hiring committee meets on Monday...



For CBs? I had an interview weeks ago and I haven't heard anytign back!
Edit LA office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:I hear the hiring committee meets on Monday...


For NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I hear the hiring committee meets on Monday...


For NY?


Yes, I can confirm this from first hand discussion w/ recruiting

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I hear the hiring committee meets on Monday...


For NY?


Yes, I can confirm this from first hand discussion w/ recruiting


+1...assuming Irene doesn't change anything, offers should be given out by Tuesday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Any news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Any offers for NY people who interviewed Friday?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:37 pm

also waiting..post if you get a call or whatever

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers for NY people who interviewed Friday?


Received an offer by phone for NY, interviewed Friday. Call came not too long ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers for NY people who interviewed Friday?


Received an offer by phone for NY, interviewed Friday. Call came not too long ago.


Same here

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers for NY people who interviewed Friday?


Received an offer by phone for NY, interviewed Friday. Call came not too long ago.


Great now i'm freaking out! Gratz tho

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 pm

hmm...i interviewed thursday - lets hope for me their not reviewing in order of interview date.
are your last names beginning with letters near front of alphabet?

thought my interview went well...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:hmm...i interviewed thursday - lets hope for me their not reviewing in order of interview date.
are your last names beginning with letters near front of alphabet?

thought my interview went well...

Yeah, thought mine did too. Interviewed last week (not Fri) as well...holding out hope.

Congrats to those who got calls!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273551
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:hmm...i interviewed thursday - lets hope for me their not reviewing in order of interview date.
are your last names beginning with letters near front of alphabet?

thought my interview went well...


I highly doubt they will get the everyone tonight. They interviewed 100+ people last week. If the committee met this evening, they'll be making calls well into tomorrow.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.