DPW offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DPW offers

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:00 pm

monday interviewer, top 5%ish, CCN, LR. no word since interview either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Know someone with very mediocre stats who already is sitting on an offer, so I doubt they're just giving bones to people with stellar credentials.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:Know someone with very mediocre stats who already is sitting on an offer, so I doubt they're just giving bones to people with stellar credentials.

But when did he/she get the offer and when did he/she get have the CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 am

Interviewed on one of Mon or Tues., offer this morning.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed on one of Mon or Tues., offer this morning.
Mon/Tue of this week, not last week, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed on one of Mon or Tues., offer this morning.
Mon/Tue of this week, not last week, right?

Yes, this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Strange, so nobody at all from the wed-fri. interviews last week have heard back at all so far?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Strange, so nobody at all from the wed-fri. interviews last week have heard back at all so far?
Mine was last thursday. haven't heard a peep. :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Know someone with very mediocre stats who already is sitting on an offer, so I doubt they're just giving bones to people with stellar credentials.
Truth. GPA/resume seems to do a lot less for you at DPW at the callback stage compared with similar firms (speaking from anecdotal discussions with other CCN people).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:21 pm

I know of someone who interviewed last thursday that got an offer yesterday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 pm

There seems to be absolutely zero correlation between CBs and offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:35 pm

If there are reports of folks receiving offers from the day of your CB, but you haven't heard back yet, does that mean ding?

CB interviews on this past Tuesday and haven't heard anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If there are reports of folks receiving offers from the day of your CB, but you haven't heard back yet, does that mean ding?

CB interviews on this past Tuesday and haven't heard anything.
I dunno, there doesn't seem to be any real connection between hearing back and date of CB. I mean I saw at least 15 people doing CBs during mine (so within like a hour and half period). Barely anybody on those couple of days have heard, and I don't think its possible that only a handful out of maybe 30+ in one day are getting offers... Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Anyone who interviewed on Wednesday hear anything today? Seems like some offers went out today, but have heard nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Anyone know/hear of a 3L entry-level offer from DPW NY?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:38 pm

DPW has ~20% offer rate for CBs at Columbia. I assume it's similar elsewhere. They bring back a ton of people and then ding most of them, so it's totally possible that only 5-6 people out of 30 in a day would get offers. And most of the people I know who got offers received them 1-2 days after their callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:42 am

New offers now that it's not the holiday weekend anymore?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 pm

anything?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DPW has ~20% offer rate for CBs at Columbia. I assume it's similar elsewhere. They bring back a ton of people and then ding most of them, so it's totally possible that only 5-6 people out of 30 in a day would get offers. And most of the people I know who got offers received them 1-2 days after their callback.
Davis Polk's offer rate for HLS students that do a callback is actually 55%. So those kids had some basis for thinking that they had a decent shot at an offer once they got the callback invite.

Not sure why there is such a large disparity between the rate for HLS and CLS students though

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Got the call this afternoon! So excited, thought I'd missed out when I didn't hear on Friday. Interview was on Wednesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:47 pm

What time? Which school (if you don't mind)?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DPW has ~20% offer rate for CBs at Columbia. I assume it's similar elsewhere. They bring back a ton of people and then ding most of them, so it's totally possible that only 5-6 people out of 30 in a day would get offers. And most of the people I know who got offers received them 1-2 days after their callback.
Davis Polk's offer rate for HLS students that do a callback is actually 55%. So those kids had some basis for thinking that they had a decent shot at an offer once they got the callback invite.

Not sure why there is such a large disparity between the rate for HLS and CLS students though
Cheaper to interview CLS kids? I'm doing a CB next week and they're dropping well over a thousand dollars on airfare, meals, and hotel. Certainly costs a lot less to interview somebody from NYU or CLS.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What time? Which school (if you don't mind)?
No, I don't mind. NYU, some time between 2 and 4 (not sure, I was in class).

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Cheaper to interview CLS kids? I'm doing a CB next week and they're dropping well over a thousand dollars on airfare, meals, and hotel. Certainly costs a lot less to interview somebody from NYU or CLS.
this is probably the reason--also, what is the CB rate for HLS? for CLS nearly half of those who screen with them get a callback

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 pm

irie wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

this is probably the reason--also, what is the CB rate for HLS? for CLS nearly half of those who screen with them get a callback
It must be similar for NYU, too. Nearly everyone doing their CB when I was there was from NYU.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”