Weekend Callbacks?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 am

Do firms ever make calls on weekends?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do firms ever make calls on weekends?


Yes

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 am

Yes I've gotten emailed and called with callback invitations on the weekend, but it's very firm-specific. Some waited until Monday morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:44 am

Cravath made saturday calls. Only one I've heard of so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:00 am

Not common, but they happen. It's not as if making the calls takes a ton of effort on the part of interviewers, so some who are busy probably wait until the weekend.

ResIpsa21
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby ResIpsa21 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:49 am

Great, so more or less: forget about taking weekend to relax, continue staring at phone and refreshing TLS. Awesome.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:13 am

I got a Saturday call from Dechert last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 am

I got a cravath call on a Sunday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:Cravath made saturday calls. Only one I've heard of so far.


Cravath also has callback interviews scheduled for Saturdays. :lol:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am

Does everyone answer the calls? All of mine so far have come during OCI so I couldn't answer, had the phone on silent or not with me at all, but now that OCI is done I am wondering should I answer and talk or still let it go to voice mail. I always call back the person or send an e-mail afterwards.

If yes to answering, then does everyone keep all their files with them to keep everything straight and take notes? I.e. contact numbers, firm name, callers name, and practice areas that you wanted at the office (all of mine are the same but often go by different names based on the firm).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does everyone answer the calls? All of mine so far have come during OCI so I couldn't answer, had the phone on silent or not with me at all, but now that OCI is done I am wondering should I answer and talk or still let it go to voice mail. I always call back the person or send an e-mail afterwards.

If yes to answering, then does everyone keep all their files with them to keep everything straight and take notes? I.e. contact numbers, firm name, callers name, and practice areas that you wanted at the office (all of mine are the same but often go by different names based on the firm).



I haven't been, primarily because my school is still in the middle of OCI, and I have 8+ callbacks but have yet to hear from a few of my "priority" choices. Those CBs I'm most interested in I schedule ASAP; the others I put on the backburner until I have a better idea of where I stand.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:I got a Saturday call from Dechert last week.


Which office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Weekend Callbacks?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got a Saturday call from Dechert last week.


Which office?


NYC




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.