Morgan Lewis

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Morgan Lewis

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get a post-CB result out of Philly, yet?

+1. wondering the same thing. i got an email post-CB saying they enjoyed my visit and would let me know of the decision very shortly, but i'm thinking that was just out of politeness more than anything else.

How long ago was that/when is "very shortly?"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

+1. wondering the same thing. i got an email post-CB saying they enjoyed my visit and would let me know of the decision very shortly, but i'm thinking that was just out of politeness more than anything else.

How long ago was that/when is "very shortly?"

i think i got it a day or two after my interview, so not even a week ago. and as for "very shortly" your guess is as good as mine.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Got a similar e-mail on Tuesday after CB on Monday. Offer today.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Can anyone comment on the state of the firm, or have any stories of associate career paths at Morgan (besides the obvious layoffs and lack of summer class)? Really interested in the firm, but looking for more candid info.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone comment on the state of the firm, or have any stories of associate career paths at Morgan (besides the obvious layoffs and lack of summer class)? Really interested in the firm, but looking for more candid info.

+1000

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone comment on the state of the firm, or have any stories of associate career paths at Morgan (besides the obvious layoffs and lack of summer class)? Really interested in the firm, but looking for more candid info.

+1000

I'm interested in this as well. Anyone know if some of their full-time offers to last years class were for "non-partnership track"? I am strongly considering accepting an SA offer, but want to know this first.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

when did you get the call and who made it?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

when did you get the call and who made it?

Around noon from partner I met with on CB.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Bump. Any news on NY? CB-offer turnaround times?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump. Any news on NY? CB-offer turnaround times?

Took over 2 weeks for me to hear back post-cb.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Could anyone who did a CB/accepted an offer in NY share their thoughts on the firm? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I'm interested in this as well. Anyone know if some of their full-time offers to last years class were for "non-partnership track"? I am strongly considering accepting an SA offer, but want to know this first.

Yes there are a good number of new associates who are placed on "non-partnership" track. Pretty raw deal, if you ask me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes there are a good number of new associates who are placed on "non-partnership" track. Pretty raw deal, if you ask me.

I'm interested in this as well. Anyone know if some of their full-time offers to last years class were for "non-partnership track"? I am strongly considering accepting an SA offer, but want to know this first.[/quote]

Yes there are a good number of new associates who are placed on "non-partnership" track. Pretty raw deal, if you ask me.[/quote]

Really? I didn't get that impression during my callback, but I guess that is something they wouldn't want to make too well known either. I met with one associate who was non-partnership track, but she seemed to indicate it was her choice because of lifestyle/hours. She also indicated that she thought if she changed her mind in the future she could transition back into a partnership track if she wanted to do so - basically I got the impression it was her decision and not the firms. I'd appreciate any specific information you can give to the contrary. What do you mean by "good number?" Any specific office? What is the source? Thank you I really appreciate it as I've recently received an offer and have to get back to another firm by the end of the week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Really? I didn't get that impression during my callback, but I guess that is something they wouldn't want to make too well known either. I met with one associate who was non-partnership track, but she seemed to indicate it was her choice because of lifestyle/hours. She also indicated that she thought if she changed her mind in the future she could transition back into a partnership track if she wanted to do so - basically I got the impression it was her decision and not the firms. I'd appreciate any specific information you can give to the contrary. What do you mean by "good number?" Any specific office? What is the source? Thank you I really appreciate it as I've recently received an offer and have to get back to another firm by the end of the week.

Just wondering, which office are you considering and how long was it between CB and offer? Best of luck with your decision!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Could anyone who did a CB/accepted an offer in NY share their thoughts on the firm? Thanks.

Had a very positive impression during CB. This was during one of the callback days they had. People I talked to were busy, but didn't seem burned out or as stressed as some other places I had interviewed at. As a whole they just seemed like nicer people. Even the recruiting staff there seemed nicer, although I get the feeling there's high turnover in the recruiting dept because a lot of the people were new.

I liked 'em.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Really? I didn't get that impression during my callback, but I guess that is something they wouldn't want to make too well known either. I met with one associate who was non-partnership track, but she seemed to indicate it was her choice because of lifestyle/hours. She also indicated that she thought if she changed her mind in the future she could transition back into a partnership track if she wanted to do so - basically I got the impression it was her decision and not the firms. I'd appreciate any specific information you can give to the contrary. What do you mean by "good number?" Any specific office? What is the source? Thank you I really appreciate it as I've recently received an offer and have to get back to another firm by the end of the week.

3 friends who are associates at the SV office who are non-partnership track, and not by choice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Just wondering, which office are you considering and how long was it between CB and offer? Best of luck with your decision!

It's one of the CA offices. But because the SA classes are small out here, I'd rather not be more specific. It was over 6 weeks from CB to offer - I had pretty much given up. I am leaning toward accepting the MLB offer as I really liked the people and atmosphere.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Really? I didn't get that impression during my callback, but I guess that is something they wouldn't want to make too well known either. I met with one associate who was non-partnership track, but she seemed to indicate it was her choice because of lifestyle/hours. She also indicated that she thought if she changed her mind in the future she could transition back into a partnership track if she wanted to do so - basically I got the impression it was her decision and not the firms. I'd appreciate any specific information you can give to the contrary. What do you mean by "good number?" Any specific office? What is the source? Thank you I really appreciate it as I've recently received an offer and have to get back to another firm by the end of the week.

3 friends who are associates at the SV office who are non-partnership track, and not by choice.

Thank you for sharing that info

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Were they summer associates with the firm? I specifically asked this question and was told that their SA program is for recruitment of traditional partnership-track associate positions (and that all offers [in PHL office at least] were for partnership-track positions), and that they hire non-partnership track associates outside of the SA program. Scary if this isn't true.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 pm

FYI Morgan Lewis is still seeking one IP Lit SA in their SV office. They've solicited Hastings/Davis numerous times in the past 2 weeks.

Hopefully those who were on hold will get a shot.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Does anyone know if the PA office is still looking for L&E SAs? I only applied yesterday

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:31 am

Did anyone interview with the Palo Alto office post-OCI? If so, did anyone get an offer/rejection?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:FYI Morgan Lewis is still seeking one IP Lit SA in their SV office. They've solicited Hastings/Davis numerous times in the past 2 weeks.

Hopefully those who were on hold will get a shot.

From what the recruiter said, I think the PA office is actually looking for two IP Lit SAs. They've taken down their posting, so I think they're winding down their post-OCI interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:45 pm

[]

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:54 am

x

Return to “Legal Employment”