DLA Piper

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DLA Piper

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the poster above who had the Baltimore CB, do you mind disclosing when your screener was and if they gave you any more information on how many they were calling back and timeline for cbs and offers?

It seems like there are at least three of us in this thread.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:49 pm

did all 3 of you get cbs? i still havent heard from my screener over 3 weeks ago, I emailed him today...would appreciate any input you are willing to share

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To the poster above who had the Baltimore CB, do you mind disclosing when your screener was and if they gave you any more information on how many they were calling back and timeline for cbs and offers?

bump, any info about your cbs would be appreciated, feel free to PM as well

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

bump, any info about your cbs would be appreciated, feel free to PM as well
Had my Baltimore CB earlier this week. Everybody I met there was welcoming and friendly (plus just the right amount of intense), and their Mt. Washington campus is gorgeous. I expect to hear back about a week after the CB, give or take. Definitely my first choice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:Had my Baltimore CB earlier this week. Everybody I met there was welcoming and friendly (plus just the right amount of intense), and their Mt. Washington campus is gorgeous. I expect to hear back about a week after the CB, give or take. Definitely my first choice.

Same poster that said there were at least three of us in this thread. I expect to hear back next week (or so) as well. They told me they were hiring 3 for next summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:31 pm

CB at San Diego (downtown). Enjoyed the interviews, especially the associates. They were very friendly and answered questions honestly. I think I got a good feel for how the new tier system works and how all levels view it. The partners were very, very friendly, with no gotcha questions, but not as many probing questions about me/my resume/my interest as I like. Overall, there was more sloppy paper piles at DLA than anywhere else I'd been, which suggests busyness or sloppiness.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CB at San Diego (downtown). Enjoyed the interviews, especially the associates. They were very friendly and answered questions honestly. I think I got a good feel for how the new tier system works and how all levels view it. The partners were very, very friendly, with no gotcha questions, but not as many probing questions about me/my resume/my interest as I like. Overall, there was more sloppy paper piles at DLA than anywhere else I'd been, which suggests busyness or sloppiness.

So how do they view the tier system? I know attorneys at other "merit-based" comp firms have gushed about it. But maybe it's just a sell for the firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:43 pm

ENJOY IT

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CB at San Diego (downtown). Enjoyed the interviews, especially the associates. They were very friendly and answered questions honestly. I think I got a good feel for how the new tier system works and how all levels view it. The partners were very, very friendly, with no gotcha questions, but not as many probing questions about me/my resume/my interest as I like. Overall, there was more sloppy paper piles at DLA than anywhere else I'd been, which suggests busyness or sloppiness.

So how do they view the tier system? I know attorneys at other "merit-based" comp firms have gushed about it. But maybe it's just a sell for the firm.

They did not gush. Cautious optimism. Partners saw it as the model that should be in place, that makes sense, and gives them the best chance to help shape careers for associates that more reflect firm needs and partnership needs. Younger associates thought that it was fair, that it was clear, and that it did not scare them. Mid-level associates said it was basically the same, but with less pressure to bill big hours of low-status work for the bonus. High-level associates did not have a problem with the tier, but the shock of going from 6-7 years to be considered for partner to 9-10 years. They liked how it helped them review new associates.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Offer from Baltimore (Mt. Washington).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:23 am

Any news from NY? I heard their hiring committee met last week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:36 pm

snail mail ding from NY dated oct 5

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:snail mail ding from NY dated oct 5

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Anyone find it frustrating (disgusting) that DLA does not get back to applicants it interviewed at OCI? I know several people who did not hear from DLA Chicago.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone find it frustrating (disgusting) that DLA does not get back to applicants it interviewed at OCI? I know several people who did not hear from DLA Chicago.

Perkins Coie Chicago did the same thing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:21 pm

MBZags wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone find it frustrating (disgusting) that DLA does not get back to applicants it interviewed at OCI? I know several people who did not hear from DLA Chicago.

Perkins Coie Chicago did the same thing.

It took Perkins (not Chi) over two months to respond with my ding from OCI. I think my record was five months.

Return to “Legal Employment”