Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:05 am

Revive now that I'm in the game:

Allen & Overy (NY)
Goodwin Procter (NY)
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan (NY)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:42 am

You are awesome for doing this...

I'm only interested in the Columbia Stats for:

Katten Muchin (NY)
Pillsbury (SF)


Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Arent Fox NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Fish & Richardson Boston?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Winston NY?

thanks so much


Small sample, 85%


It's higher than I thought. What sample is this number based on? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Winston NY?

thanks so much


Small sample, 85%


It's higher than I thought. What sample is this number based on? Thanks.


not the op, but these numbers are based on HLS or CLS stats for like 7 cbs total, so def not the most accurate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Kelley Drye? DC & NYC??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:28 pm

K&E Chi
Sidley (banking) Chi
Skadden Chi

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Winston NY?

thanks so much


Small sample, 85%


It's higher than I thought. What sample is this number based on? Thanks.


not the op, but these numbers are based on HLS or CLS stats for like 7 cbs total, so def not the most accurate.


The number is much lower for CLS. Perhaps from HLS or YLS?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:38 pm

+1 to Allen & Overy NY, also OMM (NY) and Dewey (NY) would be great. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Jones Day NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:47 pm

K&E NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Jones Day NY?


this is relevant to my interets!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:47 am

Herrick Feinstein NY? I know they only hire 4-6 people, wondering how many callbacks? Even though the firm is mid-sized and pays 130K (under market) it was my favorite firm I interviewed with.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 pm

bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Revive now that I'm in the game:

Allen & Overy (NY)
Goodwin Procter (NY)
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan (NY)


May I ask when your GP cb was?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:01 pm

MoFo NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Howard Rice?
Farella Braun?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Herrick Feinstein NY? I know they only hire 4-6 people, wondering how many callbacks? Even though the firm is mid-sized and pays 130K (under market) it was my favorite firm I interviewed with.


I have a CB with them in a few weeks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 am

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 am

Does anybody have any other info on DPW other than the 20-25% number that's been floated about (which I think is based off of CLS, but I could be wrong)? I go to a non-East-Coast T10, and was wondering if that might have an impact on that number for us.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:04 am

.
.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Revive now that I'm in the game:

Allen & Overy (NY)
Goodwin Procter (NY)
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan (NY)


Bumping because I'm curious about Stroock. Anyone have any info?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody have any other info on DPW other than the 20-25% number that's been floated about (which I think is based off of CLS, but I could be wrong)? I go to a non-East-Coast T10, and was wondering if that might have an impact on that number for us.


If anything it would be lower. It's going to be 20-33% at best.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273572
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Relative CB:Offer Ratios of Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody have any other info on DPW other than the 20-25% number that's been floated about (which I think is based off of CLS, but I could be wrong)? I go to a non-East-Coast T10, and was wondering if that might have an impact on that number for us.


If anything it would be lower. It's going to be 20-33% at best.


I don't think this is correct. At my school, and from what I've heard generally, is that for non-East-Coast schools, DPW is initially more selective at the screening stage, so the offer percentage is higher, whereas for schools like Columbia, they can call almost everyone back with no real cost.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.