NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Snail mail ding from Lowenstein Sandler NJ, I assume...the envelope was empty.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Lowenstein Sandler NJ, I assume...the envelope was empty.


actually i read on some thread (Duke OCI, i think) that they sent some CBs by mail. maybe you should call to check?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten any callbacks from hospitality suite drops? Do those typically take longer?


I got a CB from a hosp suite drop about 3 or 4 days after their interview date (never had a screener with them)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Lowenstein Sandler NJ, I assume...the envelope was empty.


actually i read on some thread (Duke OCI, i think) that they sent some CBs by mail. maybe you should call to check?


I got a snail mail rejection from them today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Lowenstein Sandler NJ, I assume...the envelope was empty.


actually i read on some thread (Duke OCI, i think) that they sent some CBs by mail. maybe you should call to check?


I got a snail mail rejection from them today.


And I got a phone cb from them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding Paul Weiss.


Sorry to hear that :(

Did it just arrive today? Which office? Do you remember who your interviewer was?

I have not heard a peep from their NY or DC offices. Other people have gotten callbacks but nobody on here seemed to have the same interviewer (AH).


MP. I actually thought it was a callback by mail at first because of how nice the letter was...


Awww, that sucks. I'm sorry. :(

I have not heard back from them, so I am guessing mine is in tomorrow's mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Anybody received an offer from Willkie? Interviewed with them last week, was wondering if NYU'ers had heard back?

Also, any DPW offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody received an offer from Willkie? Interviewed with them last week, was wondering if NYU'ers had heard back?

Also, any DPW offers?


I want to second the Willkie question.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 pm

anybody receive an offer from dla piper?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody received an offer from Willkie? Interviewed with them last week, was wondering if NYU'ers had heard back?

Also, any DPW offers?


I want to second the Willkie question.


I have a CB with willkie next week. When I scheduled they told me they don't give you interviewers in advance. Is that correct?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Has anyone done their Simpson CB yet? I have mine tomorrow and would like to know what to expect...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody received an offer from Willkie? Interviewed with them last week, was wondering if NYU'ers had heard back?

Also, any DPW offers?


I want to second the Willkie question.


I have a CB with willkie next week. When I scheduled they told me they don't give you interviewers in advance. Is that correct?



Yep. HR gives you the list of interviewers as they escort you to your first interview. Mine went Assoc., Partner, Assoc., Hiring Partner.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone done their Simpson CB yet? I have mine tomorrow and would like to know what to expect...


I had a CB with them last week. It's pretty normal, three interviews and then lunch (not sure how it's different in the afternoon). At least I was taken to a Greek restaurant a few blocks away. I met with three partners and then two young associates for lunch, but I think they mix it up. Questions were typical, nothing surprising. They make decisions in about a week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:01 am

Has anyone received any offers from EIW yet? Curious on where other people are at in the timeline.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received any offers from EIW yet? Curious on where other people are at in the timeline.


Any info on time between callbacks and offers would be helpful too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 am

Did a CB last Wednesday, offer on Monday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Just got an e-mail ding from Dickstein Shapiro DC. Really bummed out...thought that interview went great.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 pm

Willkie post-CB ding, which was kind of shocking. Oh well, guess that's what happens when your projected class size is in the teens; you can afford to be pretty selective. I've had much better success with more selective firms with large classes. Can't stress that enough for any 1Ls that might be lurking.

Debevoise email ding after resume drop, which is much less surprising.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Just cancelled a TON of callbacks (17) after getting an offer from STB (not certain to take it, but it's way narrowed down my search), so hopefully that will free up slots for NYU people who haven't heard from a lot of those places yet. Good luck, everybody!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just cancelled a TON of callbacks (17) after getting an offer from STB, so hopefully that will free up slots for NYU people who haven't heard from a lot of those places yet. Good luck, everybody!


Congrats on the offer and thank you for cancelling those additional callbacks. I'm in limbo at like 12 places so I'm praying a bunch of people will cancel soon so I can pick up 1 or 2 more CB's.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just cancelled a TON of callbacks (17) after getting an offer from STB (not certain to take it, but it's way narrowed down my search), so hopefully that will free up slots for NYU people who haven't heard from a lot of those places yet. Good luck, everybody!


When did you have your STB CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Willkie post-CB ding, which was kind of shocking. Oh well, guess that's what happens when your projected class size is in the teens; you can afford to be pretty selective. I've had much better success with more selective firms with large classes. Can't stress that enough for any 1Ls that might be lurking.

Debevoise email ding after resume drop, which is much less surprising.


i'm curious how soon did you hear from willkie?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Skad-DING! (by mail today)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received any offers from EIW yet? Curious on where other people are at in the timeline.


Fly back (out of state) Monday. Offer this afternoon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273153
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Anyone else heard from Covington DC? I'm getting crickets...




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.