NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, I just got a rejection from Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider. I didn't even apply, never mind interview. WTF? :?


Its funny how the slightest hint of unprofessionalism on our part would be an auto-ding, yet these firms seem like they don't even think with their correspondences sometimes. I have no clue whether or not I'm actually dinged at Fried Frank, so I guess I will call. Yours, well, thats just comical.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Anyone heard from the following DC firms??:

Venable (DC)
K&L Gates (DC)
Willkie Farr (DC)
Gibson Dunn (DC)
Ropes & Gray (DC)
Sullivan & Cromwell (DC)
Akin Gump (DC)
Paul Weiss (DC)
Cadwalader (DC)
Paul Hastings (DC)
Chadbourne & Parke (DC)
Latham Watkins (DC)
Dickstein Shapiro (DC)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:36 pm

Anyone heard from the following DC firms??:

Venable (DC)
K&L Gates (DC)
Willkie Farr (DC)
Gibson Dunn (DC)
Ropes & Gray (DC)
Sullivan & Cromwell (DC)
Akin Gump (DC)
Paul Weiss (DC)
Cadwalader (DC)
Paul Hastings (DC)
Chadbourne & Parke (DC)
Latham Watkins (DC)
Dickstein Shapiro (DC)


I have Gibson DC. Several other firms on that list, but not in DC (RG, SC, PW)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Add Simpson Thacher DC to that list. Anyone heard from them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:04 am

Crowell (DC) e-mail ding last night.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:19 am

Kasowitz e-mail ding last night.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Kasowitz e-mail ding last night.


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am

Some of us are in limbo w/r/t to certain firms (meaning, dings and CBs have gone out but we have received nothing). I asked OCS about this, and I was told that firms often stagger NYU CBs, making them in rounds.

We're in it until we get dinged, but I'm scheduling CBs as if the axe has already fallen. You can always cancel or reschedule a CB to fit in a higher choice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:Some of us are in limbo w/r/t to certain firms (meaning, dings and CBs have gone out but we have received nothing). I asked OCS about this, and I was told that firms often stagger NYU CBs, making them in rounds.

We're in it until we get dinged, but I'm scheduling CBs as if the axe has already fallen. You can always cancel or reschedule a CB to fit in a higher choice.


Gives me some hope!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:31 am

Something somewhat bothered me about the Quinn Emanuel interview, and I want to air it.

My interviewers didn't wear business attire and behaved very casually during the interview. I realize that they are suit-optional in the office, so they did this as a marketting or branding gimmick to show off their business casual culture. I think it's fine to be business casual at the office.

Still, my concern is that the rest of us were at a formal interviewing event, wearing our conservative business attire, and it made the meeting more awkward. I also think it was somewhat disrespectful. We're in there nervous, trying our best to impress, being professional, and our future is on the line.

And despite this the two interviewers are sitting back in casual clothes with a chewing gum attitude like they just came back from the mall. Would they ever meet a client dressed like that? I realize it's a buyer's market when it comes to recruiting, but there's a double-standard going on there.

Sorry for the rant. I realize it's a great firm, especially for aspriring litigators. I was just put off by this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Something somewhat bothered me about the Quinn Emanuel interview, and I want to air it.

My interviewers didn't wear business attire and behaved very casually during the interview. I realize that they are suit-optional in the office, so they did this as a marketting or branding gimmick to show off their business casual culture. I think it's fine to be business casual at the office.

Still, my concern is that the rest of us were at a formal interviewing event, wearing our conservative business attire, and it made the meeting more awkward. I also think it was somewhat disrespectful. We're in there nervous, trying our best to impress, being professional, and our future is on the line.

And despite this the two interviewers are sitting back in casual clothes with a chewing gum attitude like they just came back from the mall. Would they ever meet a client dressed like that? I realize it's a buyer's market when it comes to recruiting, but there's a double-standard going on there.

Sorry for the rant. I realize it's a great firm, especially for aspriring litigators. I was just put off by this.


I also heard of multiple people who had interviewers answer their phones during the interview (all Quinn Emanuel).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi all, what is the consensus on callback to offer ratios on the V10? I want to know the degree to which I can relax...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 pm

O Melvaney email ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:55 pm

dewey ny cb

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all, what is the consensus on callback to offer ratios on the V10? I want to know the degree to which I can relax...


i can tell you last year's columbia callback:offer ratios if you want to ask specific firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hi all, what is the consensus on callback to offer ratios on the V10? I want to know the degree to which I can relax...


i can tell you last year's columbia callback:offer ratios if you want to ask specific firms.


Is it possible to itemize for for each of the Top 10 for the benefit of everyone in the thread?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Anyone hear from Jenner (DC)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Jenner (DC)?


I know people who did.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Jenner (DC)?


I know people who did.


Seriously? I felt SO good about that interview. Did they have more than one person interviewing for DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Patterson Belknap rejection snail mail today, dated and postmarked Aug. 23. LB interviewer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Mofo NY email ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Mofo NY ding email
Shearman NY ding email
Allen and overy ding email last night
Linklaters ding on tues night (email)
Hogan DC ding email

FML

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Lowenstein Sandler cb.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Has anyone heard anything from WLRK?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273472
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 pm

What about Cleary LS? I know people got callbacks... but any from her?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.