NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Quote:
I have not heard back from AP. 3 friends have CBs with them, though.

....in DC?

In DC. :(

any idea about initials?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Quote:
I have not heard back from AP. 3 friends have CBs with them, though.

....in DC?

In DC. :(

any idea about initials?

TR.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 pm

No news from Carter Ledyard?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:28 am

Willkie is still making calls this morning, fyi.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 am

Quinn NY is also still making calls this morning

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:46 am

Good News: Firms from last week are still calling

Bad News: None of the calls have been to me and im going to seriously freak if things don't turn around within the next 24 hours.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Good News: Firms from last week are still calling

Bad News: None of the calls have been to me and im going to seriously freak if things don't turn around within the next 24 hours.

Not gonna lie, I could really go for a Skadden phone call right now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:23 pm

I could really go for any fucking callback at this point.

Been having a number of great interviews and getting awesome vibes from many. Yet all I have is 1 CB from a secondary market (to which I have ties and likely would have gotten an interview with anyway with no need to attend NYU). So zero CBs from NY firms. Why exactly did I transfer? Glad these rooms don't have open windows (yes im joking, but just barely)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Has anyone heard from alston and bird?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Yes to Alston (received word Friday afternoon).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Fucking nothing today either. Sitting around a table listening to multiple people getting/scheduling callbacks was painful. It isn't that I don't want them to get callbacks. Thats not at all the case, but to see people get such a confused look at my mention of only 1 CB really confirms to me that I'm simply falling through the cracks. It hurts because, at practice interview evening, my interviewer said that, if I repeated what I did there, I would have my choice of offers and more callbacks than I could possibly go on. I've repeated it over and over and come out of interviews with the utmost confidence. That is what makes this utter failure even more painful.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Clifford Chance (London)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Ding O'Melveny (NY)...but I didn't get a dinner invite so I knew this already.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fucking nothing today either. Sitting around a table listening to multiple people getting/scheduling callbacks was painful. It isn't that I don't want them to get callbacks. Thats not at all the case, but to see people get such a confused look at my mention of only 1 CB really confirms to me that I'm simply falling through the cracks. It hurts because, at practice interview evening, my interviewer said that, if I repeated what I did there, I would have my choice of offers and more callbacks than I could possibly go on. I've repeated it over and over and come out of interviews with the utmost confidence. That is what makes this utter failure even more painful.

are you a xfer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Fucking nothing today either. Sitting around a table listening to multiple people getting/scheduling callbacks was painful. It isn't that I don't want them to get callbacks. Thats not at all the case, but to see people get such a confused look at my mention of only 1 CB really confirms to me that I'm simply falling through the cracks. It hurts because, at practice interview evening, my interviewer said that, if I repeated what I did there, I would have my choice of offers and more callbacks than I could possibly go on. I've repeated it over and over and come out of interviews with the utmost confidence. That is what makes this utter failure even more painful.

are you a xfer?

Yes, and its looking like the biggest mistake of my life at this point unless something miraculously changes. I shouldn't be here and the employers are making that clear. They are hardly even taking me seriously. Wouldn't have been like this at my old school. Sure, I wouldn't have as much NYC firm access, but at least it would be preselection, so the employer would at least want me in the room and take met seriously.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Anyone get a dinner invitation from S&C? I for one haven't, but I thought I heard that S&C did post-interview dinners in the past.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

are you a xfer?

Yes, and its looking like the biggest mistake of my life at this point unless something miraculously changes. I shouldn't be here and the employers are making that clear. They are hardly even taking me seriously. Wouldn't have been like this at my old school. Sure, I wouldn't have as much NYC firm access, but at least it would be preselection, so the employer would at least want me in the room and take met seriously.

IDK what you're freaking out about. I've gotten one callback and I'm happy with that. I know too many people who've gotten zero.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Vinson & Elkins DC CBs going out (JM)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:21 pm

to xfer: Relax. It still is early, some firms are not done with callbacks, and there is another full day of EIW. Focus on what worked in prior interviews and avoid what didn't work. If you still hear nothing by Wednesday, schedule a meeting with OCS and see if there is an error in your resume and/or interviewing technique. Last year students were still getting screening interviews and callbacks into October.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Vinson & Elkins DC CBs going out (JM)

V&E TX CBs going out as well

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes, and its looking like the biggest mistake of my life at this point unless something miraculously changes. I shouldn't be here and the employers are making that clear. They are hardly even taking me seriously. Wouldn't have been like this at my old school. Sure, I wouldn't have as much NYC firm access, but at least it would be preselection, so the employer would at least want me in the room and take met seriously.

It sounds like you may be projecting a bit here. Can you try to channel some of this frustration into something constructive, like running through interviews in your mind and trying to pick out answers that might be rubbing people the wrong way? What are you telling people for why you transferred? This bitterness about your situation will hurt you more if it becomes apparent to the person interviewing you. Don't become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Orrick rejection via snail mail. %$#&, I clicked so well with the interviewer since her practice area is my specific area of interest.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Got a callback this morning from Boies DC office. Interviewer initials AN.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Orrick rejection via email. %$#&, I clicked so well with the interviewer since her practice area is my specific area of interest.

Could have been worse--she could have called you to reject you. I think Orrick has realized this is terrible PR and have stopped doing it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Orrick rejection letter in the mail.

Return to “Legal Employment”