NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Just got my first callback, from Arnold & Porter (NY). Very excited. Interviewer initials JN. Just got the call 5 minutes ago.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:27 pm

DLA Piper (NY) & Arnold & Porter (NY)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Sidley (NY) still making calls

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Are people still getting calls from Cravath or Debevoise? If so, initials?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm

I suspect that the are just based on a few people I know who haven't heard from them. But I'm not sure.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:48 pm

The silence for me this afternoon is pretty unnerving.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The silence for me this afternoon is pretty unnerving.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Kirkland NY confirmed

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Debevoise seemed to all be going out yesterday around noon with Cravath around the same time today. In other words, I'd hold out a lot more hope for Cravath than Debevoise...

Any word on Arnold and Porter DC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The silence for me this afternoon is pretty unnerving.

does anyone know how this whole calling process works? do they have a deadline to get them out by on a given day? For my own sanity, I need to know when to let go, lol....

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:58 pm

My Debevoise call came yesterday in the evening - not all calls are made at the same time.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Thats it. I can't keep checking this thread to see if calls are going out for certain firms, and then telling myself that if I didn't get a call, that the ship has sailed. I get the sinking feeling that, as a transfer, I overbid. I had a number of excellent interviews with some top firms, but I'm starting to think that, no matter how personable I was, and no matter how well I explained my work experiences and gave good answers, it just isn't going to happen because of the selectivity of the firm. I should have bid on more matches and safeties (if such a thing exists ITE). And the whole "black box" nature of the process is the worst. Sitting on my comp and reading about how other people are getting CB's from the firms I'm waiting on is probably the stupidest thing I could be doing right now, because I have no clue whether there will be more calls coming from that firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sidley (NY) still making calls

Initials?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:09 pm

I got my Debevoise call this morning. I think there's really no way of knowing when a firm's done giving out callbacks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thats it. I can't keep checking this thread to see if calls are going out for certain firms, and then telling myself that if I didn't get a call, that the ship has sailed. I get the sinking feeling that, as a transfer, I overbid. I had a number of excellent interviews with some top firms, but I'm starting to think that, no matter how personable I was, and no matter how well I explained my work experiences and gave good answers, it just isn't going to happen because of the selectivity of the firm. I should have bid on more matches and safeties (if such a thing exists ITE). And the whole "black box" nature of the process is the worst. Sitting on my comp and reading about how other people are getting CB's from the firms I'm waiting on is probably the stupidest thing I could be doing right now, because I have no clue whether there will be more calls coming from that firm.

transfer w/ 4 callbacks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone successfully scheduled a Jones Day CB?

Nope. Left a voicemail along with probably a hundred other law students. What's the protocol here? Wait for a call back? Try them once a day? Don't want to be rude but also don't want to get slotted in October or something.

Ok, cool. I did the same thing.
I think we should probably sit tight for now.

Left a voicemail as well this morning. Has anyone talked to anyone at Jones Day/managed to schedule a callback?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thats it. I can't keep checking this thread to see if calls are going out for certain firms, and then telling myself that if I didn't get a call, that the ship has sailed. I get the sinking feeling that, as a transfer, I overbid. I had a number of excellent interviews with some top firms, but I'm starting to think that, no matter how personable I was, and no matter how well I explained my work experiences and gave good answers, it just isn't going to happen because of the selectivity of the firm. I should have bid on more matches and safeties (if such a thing exists ITE). And the whole "black box" nature of the process is the worst. Sitting on my comp and reading about how other people are getting CB's from the firms I'm waiting on is probably the stupidest thing I could be doing right now, because I have no clue whether there will be more calls coming from that firm.

transfer w/ 4 callbacks

Then i just know what I'm doing wrong. Of my mass mail interviews, the first 2 screeners immediately turned into callbacks, and my first callback immediately turned into an offer. So I'm not sure why the EIW results would shape up so differently given that the interviews are going just as well (from my point of view)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm sure you know this...but the interviews started 2 days ago...RELAX as much as you can at least

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

transfer w/ 4 callbacks

Then i just know what I'm doing wrong. Of my mass mail interviews, the first 2 screeners immediately turned into callbacks, and my first callback immediately turned into an offer. So I'm not sure why the EIW results would shape up so differently given that the interviews are going just as well (from my point of view)

Is this a common thing firms do for mass mail interviews? I have an interview from mass mail that seems to be with just one guy, but it seems a little mean to make people come to your office for a 20-minute screener. It would make more sense if there was the possibility of conversion to a CB.

Also, any firm that doesn't want transfers is nuts. They have to know you were all tippy-top at your old school, and being top of the class at ANY school is crazy hard to do.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:40 pm

I'd appreciate it (for my own sanity) if they sent out rejection emails at the same time as acceptance calls. The suspense is NOT COOL.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'd appreciate it (for my own sanity) if they sent out rejection emails at the same time as acceptance calls. The suspense is NOT COOL.

hope you interviewed with orrick. you'll enjoy their rejection PHONE CALL.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Goodwin Procter (NY): Interviewer JS.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Any more Skadden's? Initials?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Linklaters (NY), initials TS

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Debevoise and NYC Quinn callbacks . Wilmerhale email rejection.

Anyone figured out if quiet/no response from places like Cravath or DPW means assumed ding?

Return to “Legal Employment”