NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Still waiting to hear from 17 employers. Hopefully I'm still in consideration from a few

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Sheppard Mullin CA?
OC callback on Tuesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting to hear from 17 employers. Hopefully I'm still in consideration from a few

23 for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Fried Frank situation is still a total mess. So they sent a letter to my address with a rejection letter made out to someone else (who happened to have the same last name). So I have no clue if they printed a letter for me as well and just switched up the letters, or whether they only meant to ding the other person, and just sent it to the wrong place. I called up today, and they had no idea what the situation was, so they said they said they would call me back to clarify once they knew. No call of course, so I have no clue what the deal is.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting to hear from 17 employers. Hopefully I'm still in consideration from a few

23 for me.
At 21 myself. A lot of them are probably certain dings, but what kind of odds are we working with here with "hold" piles? Is probability on your side to get at least 1-2 CB if you're held at 10-15 firms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

23 for me.
At 21 myself. A lot of them are probably certain dings, but what kind of odds are we working with here with "hold" piles? Is probability on your side to get at least 1-2 CB if you're held at 10-15 firms?
to be fair, I've gotten two CB's today. I'm looking outside of NYC. (This is 23 talking).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

23 for me.

If I had to guess, it largely depends on the ranking/prestige of the firm. CB offers from, say, V50 firms are much more likely to be turned down than CBs from Cleary; this will ultimately free up spots for people on the mythical waitlists.

So if your hold list contains a lot of lower-ranked firms (AND the firm expects a reasonably large class), I'd hold out some hope.
Of course, I'm waiting to hear back from STB and Cleary (among others); I'm not confident I'll be hearing any positive news out of either of 'em anytime soon.

Edit: I'm assuming NYC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have there been Akin Gump NY callbacks?
yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

23 for me.
At 17 here. Impossible to predict for sure, but i would imagine you should not expect a CB from any more than 1 out of 20 pending firms or so. That being said, I could see a reasonable shot at getting CBs from 2-3 of them.

On that note, the only firms I interviewed with that I don't think I have seen posted on here are Proskauer NY, Greenberg NY, and Paul Hastings DC. Any CBs out there?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

23 for me.
At 17 here. Impossible to predict for sure, but i would imagine you should not expect a CB from any more than 1 out of 20 pending firms or so. That being said, I could see a reasonable shot at getting CBs from 2-3 of them.

On that note, the only firms I interviewed with that I don't think I have seen posted on here are Proskauer NY, Greenberg NY, and Paul Hastings DC. Any CBs out there?
I know someone who got Greenberg CB on the spot

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

23 for me.

I got a Proskauer NY CB Tuesday night.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Akin Gump screener set up through dropping resume at hospitality suite. Glad all those drops weren't for nothing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 pm

At 21 myself. A lot of them are probably certain dings, but what kind of odds are we working with here with "hold" piles? Is probability on your side to get at least 1-2 CB if you're held at 10-15 firms?[/quote]

On that note, the only firms I interviewed with that I don't think I have seen posted on here are Proskauer NY, Greenberg NY, and Paul Hastings DC. Any CBs out there?[/quote]

I know someone who got Greenberg CB on the spot[/quote]

+ 1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Proskauer NY CB Monday night

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

23 for me.
This is assuming NY market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Haynes Boone (NY) callback

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Milbank NY called earlier this evening

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Milbank NY called earlier this evening
Interviewer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 am

Goodwin Procter email ding last night.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:50 am

Is it still the case that no one has heard from Wachtell? Perhaps they made calls but no one who got one reads TLS?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is it still the case that no one has heard from Wachtell? Perhaps they made calls but no one who got one reads TLS?
i have a friend who got a cb.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Milbank NY called earlier this evening
Interviewer?
Interested in this as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:11 am

Got a CB through a hosp suite resume drop with Akin Gump (the email called it a screener, but they said it would be structured as a callback, and they only say "screener" since they haven't actually met me yet). So I guess thats another one to the list. Pleasant surprise.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Got a CB through a hosp suite resume drop with Akin Gump (the email called it a screener, but they said it would be structured as a callback, and they only say "screener" since they haven't actually met me yet). So I guess thats another one to the list. Pleasant surprise.
NY or DC (or somewhere else)? Did this just come?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”