NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NYU EIW Callback Nonsense (Consolidated)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else heard from Covington DC? I'm getting crickets...
Still crickets here, too, but losing hope. Anyone heard from interviewer BG?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just cancelled a TON of callbacks (17) after getting an offer from STB (not certain to take it, but it's way narrowed down my search), so hopefully that will free up slots for NYU people who haven't heard from a lot of those places yet. Good luck, everybody!
When did you have your STB CB?
Late last week. Offer came yesterday by email, then a call today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 pm

Skadden ding via snail mail. Really bummed since I thought I rocked this interview.

As a transfer, I must say I am very disappointed. I came over to NYU in order to have serious opportunities with V25 firms. I mean, they almost all recruit at my old school to some extent, so I figured that adding an NYU degree to the mix would only increase my viability with those firms.

Lined up 13 interviews with V25 firms, many of which recruit at my old school --> CB's with a whopping 0 (though 6 I have yet to hear from, but thats obviously not a good thing). Its not like I am a bad interviewer. I have 8 CB's from OCI, something like 10 CB's through mass mailings, as well as 2 job offers on the table already from mid-size and large regional firms. So I am so confused as to why I was completely shut out of the V25 firms thus far. It was for that precise reason that I transferred to NYU in the first place.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden ding via snail mail. Really bummed since I thought I rocked this interview.

As a transfer, I must say I am very disappointed. I came over to NYU in order to have serious opportunities with V25 firms. I mean, they almost all recruit at my old school to some extent, so I figured that adding an NYU degree to the mix would only increase my viability with those firms.

Lined up 13 interviews with V25 firms, many of which recruit at my old school --> CB's with a whopping 0 (though 6 I have yet to hear from, but thats obviously not a good thing). Its not like I am a bad interviewer. I have 8 CB's from OCI, something like 10 CB's through mass mailings, as well as 2 job offers on the table already from mid-size and large regional firms. So I am so confused as to why I was completely shut out of the V25 firms thus far. It was for that precise reason that I transferred to NYU in the first place.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you should count your blessings. You're doing better than many if not most people who spent their first year here. Some of the transfers on TLS sound a little entitled and I have to say it's a little insulting to the students who actually did their 1L year here. Sorry the transfer hasn't worked out how you'd hoped, I hope you can find something else redeeming about your time at NYU to make up for your lack of V25 callbacks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Skadden ding via snail mail. Really bummed since I thought I rocked this interview.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you should count your blessings. You're doing better than many if not most people who spent their first year here. Some of the transfers on TLS sound a little entitled and I have to say it's a little insulting to the students who actually did their 1L year here. Sorry the transfer hasn't worked out how you'd hoped, I hope you can find something else redeeming about your time at NYU to make up for your lack of V25 callbacks.
18 CB's and 2 offers before September is pretty good, dude. Sounds like everything is working out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I'm sorry if my post came off the wrong way, and I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I am not. I have a number of great opportunities here that I likely would not have had at my old school, and I am thankful for them. Perhaps I overstated my concern. I was just a bit surprised that none of those V25 interviews turned into callbacks, though I'm certainly not sitting around moping about this situation and regretting my choice to transfer, so "disappointed" might have been too strong a word.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Gibson LA CB tonight. S&C ding via snail mail Tuesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Has anyone heard from Paul Hastings NY?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Paul Hastings NY?
Interesting, because GULC hasn't either.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:22 am

anybody with a willkie CB receive a ding or offer? if so, would you mind sharing the turnaround time?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:28 am

Got a few emails regarding hosp. suite resume drops. The Akin Gump CB was from a few days ago, but the Debevoise and Kasowitz emails are new. Debevoise I wasn't holding out for, but would love to get a call from Kasowitz.

Akin Gump - Invited me in for CB without any screener
Debevoise - Thanked me for dropping my resume but dinged me
Kasowitz - Said they will review my resume soon and then get back to me either way

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Got a few emails regarding hosp. suite resume drops. The Akin Gump CB was from a few days ago, but the Debevoise and Kasowitz emails are new. Debevoise I wasn't holding out for, but would love to get a call from Kasowitz.

Kasowitz - Said they will review my resume soon and then get back to me either way
Has anyone that screened Akin Gump NY heard from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got a few emails regarding hosp. suite resume drops. The Akin Gump CB was from a few days ago, but the Debevoise and Kasowitz emails are new. Debevoise I wasn't holding out for, but would love to get a call from Kasowitz.

Has anyone that screened Akin Gump NY heard from them?
I got a ding.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Gibson LA CB tonight. S&C ding via snail mail Tuesday.
Congrats on Gibson. Do you remember who your interviewer was?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm

How bad did I mess up dinner to not get a callback? haha

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Akin Gump NY email ding about an hour ago

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:10 pm

MoFo ding from hosp. suite resume drop

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 pm

HOlland Knight callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:48 pm

anyone heard back from covington dc yet? also, seems like a bunch of folks still haven't heard back from arnold and porter?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard back from covington dc yet? also, seems like a bunch of folks still haven't heard back from arnold and porter?
no word on A&P for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:40 pm

I know someone who got a Latham CB today. So don't assume CB's are over. As people cancel, more will be coming in, though not a huge amount

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard back from covington dc yet? also, seems like a bunch of folks still haven't heard back from arnold and porter?
+1 as well as Wilson Sonsini although that may be a pipedream at this point...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Someone reported one Covington DC CB on Monday. Haven't heard anything myself, and there's only one reported so far.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Snail mail dings today from Greenberg, Ropes, and Lowenstein.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Anyone hear of dings from the following? All New York.

Schulte Roth
Skadden
Davis Polk
Bingham
Milbank

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”