Women's Suit Buttons Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
choochoo

Women's Suit Buttons Question

Postby choochoo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Posted this in another thread, but it's more likely to get answered here.

If I have a women's 3 button suit, how many and which buttons do I actually button during an interview? (Men and women are different.)

Thanks!

AffordablePrep

Re: Women's Suit Buttons Question

Postby AffordablePrep » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:28 pm

choochoo wrote:Posted this in another thread, but it's more likely to get answered here.

If I have a women's 3 button suit, how many and which buttons do I actually button during an interview? (Men and women are different.)

Thanks!

would ur stomach show if u left the bottom open?

you're also supposed to unbutton a suit jacket when you sit down (at least guys are). keeping thm open might make you appear more open/pro social. closing them can be seen as being secluded/reserved.

choochoo

Re: Women's Suit Buttons Question

Postby choochoo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:40 am

The bottom of my shirt would probably show a little if I unbuttoned the bottom button. Women are supposed to keep their suits buttoned throughout the interview though, unlike men.

Return to “Legal Employment”