please help!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

please help!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm about to send an email to a contact at the firm where I want to get an SA position (big firm). The contact was given to me by someone I know at my current internship. I already spoke to reps from this firm at a career fair, and they were very enthusiastic, urging me to find a contact at my current internship who has a working relationship with someone at their firm. They were interested in me because of the type of work I did with my internship.

Anyways, please help me decide where to go from here- I don't know the guy, but I'm about to email him. Should I ask to meet him in person to discuss his job, etc.? Then, from there I could somehow try to use it to my advantage, or hope he offers to help me out? Maybe while I'm in town I should also ask to speak with the regional recruiting coordinator?

Anonymous User

Re: please help!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 pm

bump...urgent!

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Fill him in on the background, you are a friend of X, who suggested that you email him. Tell him that you are interested in working for the firm next summer, and ask if he has any advice regarding the hiring process or insight into Y field of work. Attatch your resume as a PDF.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Cupidity wrote:Fill him in on the background, you are a friend of X, who suggested that you email him. Tell him that you are interested in working for the firm next summer, and ask if he has any advice regarding the hiring process or insight into Y field of work. Attatch your resume as a PDF.

one more thing- hes in a different practice area

Return to “Legal Employment”