reference list

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yung

reference list

Postby yung » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm

So I'm wondering how we should go about constructing a reference list? As of now I just have 3 names and their contact information(Some just email) and it just looks extremely empty....
Also, in a general reference list do you list phone numbers or just emails?

WhiskeyGuy

Re: reference list

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 pm

yung wrote:So I'm wondering how we should go about constructing a reference list? As of now I just have 3 names and their contact information(Some just email) and it just looks extremely empty....
Also, in a general reference list do you list phone numbers or just emails?

Names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers. Use the same heading you have on your resume. Put "REFERENCES" centered and above the list of people.

yung

Postby yung » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:16 pm

When you say addresses is it jus law school address for professor and work address for employer?
Also, must I list phone number?

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:21 pm

yung wrote:When you say addresses is it jus law school address for professor and work address for employer?
Also, must I list phone number?

Those would probably be fine for addresses.

Yes, you must list phone number. I have only heard of reference checks being done over the phone.

Return to “Legal Employment”