Reschedule a callback? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Reschedule a callback?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 am

I got a CB from a V25 firm, and I called their recruiting department per their instructions to schedule it. The lady who helped me out offered me 9:15, 9:45, or 3:00 time slots. I requested 9:45 and she verbally confirmed it, but the confirmation email that I later received stated 3:00. The confirmation email was cc'ed to the hiring partner who did my OCI screener and a few names that don't show up on the firm's attorney directory (recruiting dept. staff perhaps?). CB format is a typical 4-5 half-hour meetings with attorneys and a lunch or dinner with a few junior and senior associates.

I'm definitely more of a morning person, and I think that the attorneys would be more receptive earlier in the day. Should I call in again and reschedule my time slot? A "rescheduled" notification email would probably go out, and I doubt the recruiting dept. person who erroneously scheduled me for the 3:00 time slot is going to own up to it (I doubt she would even remember our conversation). Would it look bad on my part if I rescheduled?

I know that I'm over-thinking this, but I wanted to get some opinions to put my mind at ease.

Anonymous User

Re: Reschedule a callback?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:34 am

I rescheduled a CB the morning of because of food poisoning. Still got an offer. I highly doubt it matters, but that said I'm not sure its really necessary here(unless you're unavailable at the other time or REALLY feel that you're a lot better in the morning)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:15 am

i have a callback for 9:45 on a monday. but im not a morning person.

i chose that time because i was unavailable the week before, and the career people at school say to schedule these things asap, thus the earliest alternative was 9:45 on a monday. i've since had another callback, early on a monday as well, and i definitely know that being at the top of your game matters more than being early in the process. so now i want to reschedule this one to the afternoon. but i'll probably just suck it up -- getting the monday appointment was already a bit of a pain, and i know slots are going fast. oh well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:36 pm

I know that I'm over-thinking this, but I wanted to get some opinions to put my mind at ease.
I'd probably email and say that you have in your notes that the interview is at 9:45 AM, and you just wanted to confirm that it is, in fact, at 3:00 PM. Be apologetic, and really make it seem like you are only concerned that you have the wrong time -- not like you are trying to switch. That said, if the 9:45 is still open, my guess is that they offer to flip you.

TigerBeer

Bronze

Post by TigerBeer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Be apologetic, and really make it seem like you are only concerned that you have the wrong time -- not like you are trying to switch. .
+1

this technique really works on so many different things in life and is especially useful in professional settings

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I'd probably email and say that you have in your notes that the interview is at 9:45 AM, and you just wanted to confirm that it is, in fact, at 3:00 PM. Be apologetic, and really make it seem like you are only concerned that you have the wrong time -- not like you are trying to switch. That said, if the 9:45 is still open, my guess is that they offer to flip you.
Yea you have to call and confirm just because there could be a fuck up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 pm

I rescheduled a callback and the recruiting person was completely fine with it. Granted, I did it five minutes after initially scheduling it (after realizing I made a mistake with my availability), so it's not like I was inconveniencing her in any way other than that she had to spend a couple extra minutes on the phone. As long as enough time hasn't passed since you scheduled the cb that the recruiter has already pulled in partners/associates to go on it (which doesn't seem to happen till the day before the cb), I think it's ok.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”