CLS 3Ls...help us out

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CLS 3Ls...help us out

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Can anyone give a sense of how quickly most CBs came in last year? AKA: When should we lose hope; How many did you guys have at the end of EIP v. at the actual end; How long might it be between when one interviewer at a firm starts making calls, and the end of all calls from that firm; etc?

Anonymous User

Re: CLS 3Ls...help us out

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:42 pm

It's not very helpful, but there's really no standard. I had a CB a full 2 weeks and change after my interview. Within a few days, however, is pretty standard. I didn't interview in NYC, so I'm not sure about multiple interviewers.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 pm

At median with no work experience. I had a few cbs last year. All but one came within 24 hours of the interview. The one that didn't came 2 months after EIP and after I'd sent an email reemphasizing my interest in the firm. It was a small satellite office of maybe 50 attnys.

The only point to lose hope is when YOUR interviewer has already made calls.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:31 am

Only had a few, all came within 48-72 hours, except for one that came out of a resume drop that called a week later. As for rejections, plenty took around a week or so, and there's one I still haven't heard from...

Return to “Legal Employment”