Travel Reimbursements

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Travel Reimbursements

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 pm

So I know NALP has a standardized form for travel reimbursements for callback interviews, but do all firms honor such requests for callbacks? Should I just ask the HR coordinator whether the firm will reimburse me for the train ride to the callback?

Anonymous User

Re: Travel Reimbursements

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 pm

The vast majority cover your travel expenses, lodging and meals.

I had one NLJ250 firm last year state that they don't cover hotel. It was a smaller market, within about a 6 hour drive from my school. It kind of turned me off to the firm. They ended up paying more in mileage anyway (which I wasn't initially going to charge them since I was driving to their city that weekend anyway for personal reasons).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Yeah, my travel is only about 2 hours by train, but I'd like to save the 90 bucks if possible on the round trip. Ok, so I will request it when I next contact the firm. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:39 pm

They generally bring it up to you...

I would just ask if they reimburse reasonable travel expenses and let them know the train ride is approximately $90.

Return to “Legal Employment”