trying to get connex/advice from professors i've not met

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

trying to get connex/advice from professors i've not met

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:50 am

So let's just say I'm near bottom of the class at a T30. Not bottom 10 percent..but somewhat close.

At this point, I'm not expecting anything from OCI although I did get preselects at a big law firm and some decent midsized ones...i dont expect to get anything because im horrible at interviews. Anyways, my question is this:

1. because I have to rely more so on connections now, there are 3 professors at my school of the same ethnicity as me(don't laugh...but I just feel more comfortable asking them because I'm a minority and they seem nice although I've never met them). They all went to HYS and seem to know many attorneys. I need connections bad at this point and I was wondering if I should randomly email them without ever having met them and asking them for advice/help and maybe asking them to forward my resume to people they might know? To make it less weird, should I also try and set up a meeting with them?

Pretty much i'm going crazy right now because I want to work at a medium sized firm and my goal is to pull in 60-70k coming out for loan/living expenses and hopefully 100K+(10 years out of school). My grades suck and I really am trying to ask as many people to try and get as many attorneys with my resume in their hands...snowball effect so to speak...

Anonymous User

Re: trying to get connex/advice from professors i've not met

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:14 am

bump.............................

Return to “Legal Employment”