Proskauer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:18 am

I was told that they are only hiring 15-20 people in their New York office for this coming year... probably explains why they are being so deliberate

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Anyone hear anything out of the NY office today or has anyone called and asked what their timeline is?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was told that they are only hiring 15-20 people in their New York office for this coming year... probably explains why they are being so deliberate


That can't be a good sign. Aren't most summer programs expanding this year?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was told that they are only hiring 15-20 people in their New York office for this coming year... probably explains why they are being so deliberate


That can't be a good sign. Aren't most summer programs expanding this year?


Yeah...think they made that many offers last year alone at my CCN. Ominous.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Since their hiring cmt meets on Fridays perhaps some of us will hear today or Monday.

As for class size, it is small, and they are interviewing tons of people, so the odds don't seem to be great when compared to other firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Anyone hear anything today out of NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Since their hiring cmt meets on Fridays perhaps some of us will hear today or Monday.

As for class size, it is small, and they are interviewing tons of people, so the odds don't seem to be great when compared to other firms.


Can anyone confirm this?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Since their hiring cmt meets on Fridays perhaps some of us will hear today or Monday.

As for class size, it is small, and they are interviewing tons of people, so the odds don't seem to be great when compared to other firms.


Can anyone confirm this?


Yup. Heard that as well. The Labor Day weekend, however, may have delayed that meeting until the middle of this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was told that they are only hiring 15-20 people in their New York office for this coming year... probably explains why they are being so deliberate



Interesting...did you hear this from someone at the firm? Any thoughts on why this might be? (possibly because they are still starting associates who were deferred from past summer classes??)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 pm

The hiring committee met last Thursday (Sept 1), and they probably met again today. The class will be about 20.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The hiring committee met last Thursday (Sept 1), and they probably met again today. The class will be about 20.


Great info, thanks. Now, if only you could tell us when they will be calling us all with those offers...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The hiring committee met last Thursday (Sept 1), and they probably met again today. The class will be about 20.


Great info, thanks. Now, if only you could tell us when they will be calling us all with those offers...


Well, I have my fingers crossed that they didn't make any offer calls yesterday and are waiting until next week. That no one reported an offer yesterday is, I suppose, a good sign.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The hiring committee met last Thursday (Sept 1), and they probably met again today. The class will be about 20.


Great info, thanks. Now, if only you could tell us when they will be calling us all with those offers...


Well, I have my fingers crossed that they didn't make any offer calls yesterday and are waiting until next week. That no one reported an offer yesterday is, I suppose, a good sign.


I feel like the boards would have reflected something if offers did go out. Seems like there are a few people watching/commenting. Anyone hear anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:58 pm

No news here also.

CB was almost exactly a month ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was told that they are only hiring 15-20 people in their New York office for this coming year... probably explains why they are being so deliberate



Interesting...did you hear this from someone at the firm? Any thoughts on why this might be? (possibly because they are still starting associates who were deferred from past summer classes??)


They had two of their "super" callback days this past week, & I believe only one more taking place next week - I would imagine offers will start rolling out more rapidly then, once they really have a sense of the whole pool.

I was told the target range was 25-30 by a few people at the firm, though that only makes a marginal difference to us. They also said that the reasons for the small class are largely to do with the positive feedback they received from both the attorneys and the summer associates - apparently people at the firm really liked having more intimacy with the summer program & the summers themselves felt they got higher quality work as a result. This may be true, or it may just be their story to mask that there is underlying instability in the firm, which also makes sense given the lingering deferrals - but anyway, that's what they are telling people re: small class size

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Had a great interview during the Newark office's "Super Saturday" today. Love the combo of the small-office vibe with the big firm resources and work. Fingers crossed for an offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had a great interview during the Newark office's "Super Saturday" today. Love the combo of the small-office vibe with the big firm resources and work. Fingers crossed for an offer.

Same here. Any idea what their CB:Offer ratio is? It looked like they had at least 24 at the Super Saturday and have 2-3 SA slots.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a great interview during the Newark office's "Super Saturday" today. Love the combo of the small-office vibe with the big firm resources and work. Fingers crossed for an offer.

Same here. Any idea what their CB:Offer ratio is? It looked like they had at least 24 at the Super Saturday and have 2-3 SA slots.


Out of the 24 (unless there were even more), they told me they are hiring 4. Said they essentially rank all candidates and go down the list.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a great interview during the Newark office's "Super Saturday" today. Love the combo of the small-office vibe with the big firm resources and work. Fingers crossed for an offer.

Same here. Any idea what their CB:Offer ratio is? It looked like they had at least 24 at the Super Saturday and have 2-3 SA slots.


Out of the 24 (unless there were even more), they told me they are hiring 4. Said they essentially rank all candidates and go down the list.

So now is it like most firms where they have to go through 8-10 people to find 4 who accept or given their specialty, do almost all offers get accepted?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had a great interview during the Newark office's "Super Saturday" today. Love the combo of the small-office vibe with the big firm resources and work. Fingers crossed for an offer.

Same here. Any idea what their CB:Offer ratio is? It looked like they had at least 24 at the Super Saturday and have 2-3 SA slots.


Out of the 24 (unless there were even more), they told me they are hiring 4. Said they essentially rank all candidates and go down the list.

So now is it like most firms where they have to go through 8-10 people to find 4 who accept or given their specialty, do almost all offers get accepted?


No clue what the yield rate is. They said we will find out in 7-10 days approx what the deal is

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:51 am

Good luck to everyone this week. Maybe we will finally see some (positive) NY movement.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:00 am

I received an offer the day after my CB, and I declined the offer last week. I also know that a lot of offers have gone out since an email was not bcc'd, so at this point offers may go out more slowly as people decline. Good luck everyone!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer the day after my CB, and I declined the offer last week. I also know that a lot of offers have gone out since an email was not bcc'd, so at this point offers may go out more slowly as people decline. Good luck everyone!


when was your CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer the day after my CB, and I declined the offer last week. I also know that a lot of offers have gone out since an email was not bcc'd, so at this point offers may go out more slowly as people decline. Good luck everyone!


when was your CB?

was this in NY? or some other office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer the day after my CB, and I declined the offer last week. I also know that a lot of offers have gone out since an email was not bcc'd, so at this point offers may go out more slowly as people decline. Good luck everyone!


when was your CB?

was this in NY? or some other office?


I second that- was it NY?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.