Proskauer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 pm

I've heard an NY offer went out this morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:When was your cb (for the person who got an offer from the NJ office)


I was in the big batch from Saturday. I believe there were 24 of us Saturday, and an additional 6 yesterday. So 30 people for 4 spots. Not sure how many calls they make to get a yield of 4.


Is 4 what they are going for? I believe there were 32 on Saturday, hard to tell though. Are you accepting their offer?


Were there 4 rounds of people on Saturday? I thought it was 10:30, 12:30, and 2:30. Maybe the other waves had more people than mine. Yeah, they told me on a few occasions that 4 is the magic number, since they had 3 last year, and felt they could bump it by one. I'm not entirely sure if I will accept it yet. In the next week or 2, I should have the bulk of my CB decisions, so I can sit down and consider everything with a clear mind. But its definitely one of my top choices, and I could totally see myself there.


Very nice. I am literally in the exact same position as you and loved the callback (and general) vibe there. The hard decision is NY offers v NJ. I love NJ, but no clue what exit options are like, or even how much to think about them. Congrats either way and I hope you make a great decision!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Did anyone get rejections from NY this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 pm

ny offer this AM . . . C/B on 9/7

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:01 pm

have any dings gone out this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:12 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Very nice. I am literally in the exact same position as you and loved the callback (and general) vibe there. The hard decision is NY offers v NJ. I love NJ, but no clue what exit options are like, or even how much to think about them. Congrats either way and I hope you make a great decision!


I'm not sure why you would be conceptualizing it that way. Although the office is located in NJ, the firm is a large and highly respected NY firm. Its not like you would be picking something regional and with limited recognition. Whether you work in the NY or the NJ office, you still would be working for Proskauer. That being said, what would change is the experience you have while you are there. To me, the NJ office offers the best of both worlds. You get the resources and sophisticated work of a large international firm, but you also get a tight-knit and close environment where the people seemed to be like friends. And as for exit options, the NJ office looked like it had a very low turnover rate (remember that NY offices are more of a meat grinder, whereas people leave NJ office at a far lower rate). And if you were looking for exit options within the community of labor and employment law, what more could you ask for than to say you worked for the best big firm for that particular specialty in an office that exclusively handles such matters?

The big Q is to what extent you are focused on labor and employment law. If that is truly what you want to practice, then I'm not sure what option would be better than Proskauer's NJ office.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Proskauer

Postby keg411 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Very nice. I am literally in the exact same position as you and loved the callback (and general) vibe there. The hard decision is NY offers v NJ. I love NJ, but no clue what exit options are like, or even how much to think about them. Congrats either way and I hope you make a great decision!


Keep in mind, Proskauer NJ is entirely Labor & Employment work. So you really wouldn't get the chance to be exposed to anything else during your summer there. (I didn't apply there and for exactly that reason, so this isn't a "turn down the offer because I want it post :lol:"). The exit options are likely all in L&E.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Still nothing. Had my CB about 3 weeks ago.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Proskauer

Postby kaiser » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:12 pm

keg411 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Very nice. I am literally in the exact same position as you and loved the callback (and general) vibe there. The hard decision is NY offers v NJ. I love NJ, but no clue what exit options are like, or even how much to think about them. Congrats either way and I hope you make a great decision!


Keep in mind, Proskauer NJ is entirely Labor & Employment work. So you really wouldn't get the chance to be exposed to anything else during your summer there. (I didn't apply there and for exactly that reason, so this isn't a "turn down the offer because I want it post :lol:"). The exit options are likely all in L&E.


Id imagine that's his area of focus, or else I doubt he would have gotten the offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:15 pm

kaiser wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Very nice. I am literally in the exact same position as you and loved the callback (and general) vibe there. The hard decision is NY offers v NJ. I love NJ, but no clue what exit options are like, or even how much to think about them. Congrats either way and I hope you make a great decision!


Keep in mind, Proskauer NJ is entirely Labor & Employment work. So you really wouldn't get the chance to be exposed to anything else during your summer there. (I didn't apply there and for exactly that reason, so this isn't a "turn down the offer because I want it post :lol:"). The exit options are likely all in L&E.


Id imagine that's his area of focus, or else I doubt he would have gotten the offer.


Not a he, but the rest is accurate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

For those who have gotten offers recently, when did you interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those who have gotten offers recently, when did you interview?


early this last week

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Any news today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any news today?


Snail mail ding for LA

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news today?


Snail mail ding for LA


Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you don't mind me asking, but when did you interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:30 am

anyone else hear from the Newark office? i wonder why they told the 9/10 group 7-10 days and told me (interviewed on 9/14) 2-3 weeks...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone else hear from the Newark office? i wonder why they told the 9/10 group 7-10 days and told me (interviewed on 9/14) 2-3 weeks...


I had a call back on 9/10 and was told 2-3 weeks. However, it looks like that just wasn't true. I have no idea what they are doing, but it looks like they've extended at least some offers already, not to mention whatever offers have been extended that don't wind up posted on TLS.

All we can do is wait.


And cry.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
All we can do is wait.


And cry.


+1 :?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone else hear from the Newark office? i wonder why they told the 9/10 group 7-10 days and told me (interviewed on 9/14) 2-3 weeks...


I had a call back on 9/10 and was told 2-3 weeks. However, it looks like that just wasn't true. I have no idea what they are doing, but it looks like they've extended at least some offers already, not to mention whatever offers have been extended that don't wind up posted on TLS.

All we can do is wait.


And cry.


Hmm, they totally didn't tell me 2-3 weeks. I believe they told me I could expect to hear within 7-10 days. Perhaps he had already somewhat made up his mind on my candidacy. There seem to be only 2 offers pending among TLS users. Again, I'm not sure how many offers they extend to get a yield of 4. And I'd imagine that there would be more calls in about 3 weeks if some people end up declining.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 pm

3 weeks, and still no word. Any NY dings?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:07 pm

rejection email for NY yesterday- interviewed about 2 weeks ago

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 pm

are there many people -- who at one point were waiting to hear from NY -- are no longer waiting because they accepted other offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Hmm, they totally didn't tell me 2-3 weeks. I believe they told me I could expect to hear within 7-10 days. Perhaps he had already somewhat made up his mind on my candidacy. There seem to be only 2 offers pending among TLS users. Again, I'm not sure how many offers they extend to get a yield of 4. And I'd imagine that there would be more calls in about 3 weeks if some people end up declining.


Thanks for the info. I assume you're the person who got the offer last Thursday? (Congrats!) Both MS and the recruiter told me 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Proskauer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:53 pm

has anyone been dinged from Newark?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.