Proskauer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Proskauer

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Just received a ding from NY. Interviewed about three weeks ago and the ding came via email.

Satisfied with my options but thankful they didn't just leave me hanging until November.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Weird, I've never heard of an email ding for a CB.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:08 pm

That's how they have been sending them

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Has anyone actually received an NY offer in the last week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone actually received an NY offer in the last week?
Offer late last week

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 am

anybody hear either way who interviewed mid last week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:49 am

i was told that there is a hiring meeting today and decisions will be out next week

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:i was told that there is a hiring meeting today and decisions will be out next week
NY or Newark?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:29 am

Ny

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 am

know of somebody that just had a SCREENER interview at NY office... aren't they long done with screeners and purely focusing on CB's?? So are they deciding callbacks AND offers at these hiring meetings?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Almost 4 weeks and still no word...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Almost 4 weeks and still no word...
I'd honestly say you are still in the running. I received an offer last week about two weeks after my cb. It seems like Proskauer is a firm that staggers offers, that is it waits until people decline offers before giving more out. I remember people getting offers before me who had a cb the same day, and also people getting rejection emails who interviewed after me. I think the hiring committee meets on Friday's at least that's what my offer person told me.

So don't lose hope!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Ding

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ding
which office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Ditto for NYC today.

CB was in the first week of August. That must be some waitlist.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
which office?
NY, interviewed 4 weeks ago

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 am

Late reporting an offer. But all of these shenanigans have not done much to impress me with Proskauer or convince me of the relative health of their firm.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:Late reporting an offer. But all of these shenanigans have not done much to impress me with Proskauer or convince me of the relative health of their firm.
Please elaborate on the bolded? How do you know?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:51 pm

is it safe to say that there are no more newark offers coming out? unless someone given an offer declines...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Late reporting an offer. But all of these shenanigans have not done much to impress me with Proskauer or convince me of the relative health of their firm.
Please elaborate on the bolded? How do you know?
shenanigans like not getting back to people right away? because that just makes sense.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:is it safe to say that there are no more newark offers coming out? unless someone given an offer declines...
Correct. Friend got an offer and they told them they gave 4 offers out for 4 slots and were going 1 at a time after they hear back from people. Someone last year got an offer in late October, so don't despair yet.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm on the fence about my Newark offer. I know labor and employment law sounds interesting, and I think I would really enjoy it. But I've gotten advice from people saying that I couldn't possibly "know" anything about any area of law after just one year of law school. They said I should go to a place that has a strong labor and employment practice, but also is strong in various other areas. So I'm a bit torn, because I got a great vibe at the Newark office, love the people, and was seriously considering it (and still am). But now I'm starting to doubt whether I should take a firm where I wouldn't have flexibility beyond just one area.

OnceUponAMemo

Bronze

Post by OnceUponAMemo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm on the fence about my Newark offer. I know labor and employment law sounds interesting, and I think I would really enjoy it. But I've gotten advice from people saying that I couldn't possibly "know" anything about any area of law after just one year of law school. They said I should go to a place that has a strong labor and employment practice, but also is strong in various other areas. So I'm a bit torn, because I got a great vibe at the Newark office, love the people, and was seriously considering it (and still am). But now I'm starting to doubt whether I should take a firm where I wouldn't have flexibility beyond just one area.
What are your other options? Feel free to pm as I'm in a somewhat similar predicament.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm on the fence about my Newark offer. I know labor and employment law sounds interesting, and I think I would really enjoy it. But I've gotten advice from people saying that I couldn't possibly "know" anything about any area of law after just one year of law school. They said I should go to a place that has a strong labor and employment practice, but also is strong in various other areas. So I'm a bit torn, because I got a great vibe at the Newark office, love the people, and was seriously considering it (and still am). But now I'm starting to doubt whether I should take a firm where I wouldn't have flexibility beyond just one area.

First, let me say congratulations on your offer. And if you have the ability to weigh options, I'm assuming you got more than one offer and that's something to be proud of. I dont want to influence your decision in any way, as this should be a decision that you make based on what is best for your interests and career. I do however, would like to give you my own 2 cents and give you some info on my own predicament hoping you will take it into consideration as you weigh your options. Let me say this, you dont know me and you owe nothing to me, or owe anything to anyone else that didnt get an offer from the NJ Proskauer office. You earned that offer so its yours. But, this firm and specifically this location was my top choice. I want to practice employment law, and I want to be in NJ. However, I didn't get the offer. I still believe I am somewhere near the top of the list (hopefully and fingers crossed). So if this is something that you are not sure of, or something that you dont want 100%, dont take the spot over someone (like me) who wants this spot and without this spot, would probably not get any other offers. I personally worked on many labor issues and so this firm/location is my only viable option. In fact, I didn't get any offers but really thought I would end up in this firm/location. But none of that is your problem lol.

I'm sorry if you or other people get the wrong impression about my response. I want you to do what's best for you, I really do. but also know that it would help me and maybe other people if you didn't accept the Proskauer offer IF you really didnt want it and accepted one of your other offers so your spot at Proskauer could go to someone that has a strong interest and desire to be at that firm/location.

Speaking objectively and without my own agenda, I think the firm is great and if you choose to be there, thats great for you. I dont know what if your other options are, but if I had options, I think working in a firm with multiple practice areas is more strategic in terms of long term goals. Attorneys 1 to 10 years down their careers end up switching practice areas and if you dont know if you want to do labor/employment work your whole life, maybe working at Proskauer wouldnt be the best idea (but again, thats a decision only you can make).

Best of luck to you though, and I hope everything works out.

(just out of personal curiosity, when are you supposed to let the firm know your response. thanks!)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

First, let me say congratulations on your offer. And if you have the ability to weigh options, I'm assuming you got more than one offer and that's something to be proud of. I dont want to influence your decision in any way, as this should be a decision that you make based on what is best for your interests and career. I do however, would like to give you my own 2 cents and give you some info on my own predicament hoping you will take it into consideration as you weigh your options. Let me say this, you dont know me and you owe nothing to me, or owe anything to anyone else that didnt get an offer from the NJ Proskauer office. You earned that offer so its yours. But, this firm and specifically this location was my top choice. I want to practice employment law, and I want to be in NJ. However, I didn't get the offer. I still believe I am somewhere near the top of the list (hopefully and fingers crossed). So if this is something that you are not sure of, or something that you dont want 100%, dont take the spot over someone (like me) who wants this spot and without this spot, would probably not get any other offers. I personally worked on many labor issues and so this firm/location is my only viable option. In fact, I didn't get any offers but really thought I would end up in this firm/location. But none of that is your problem lol.

I'm sorry if you or other people get the wrong impression about my response. I want you to do what's best for you, I really do. but also know that it would help me and maybe other people if you didn't accept the Proskauer offer IF you really didnt want it and accepted one of your other offers so your spot at Proskauer could go to someone that has a strong interest and desire to be at that firm/location.

Speaking objectively and without my own agenda, I think the firm is great and if you choose to be there, thats great for you. I dont know what if your other options are, but if I had options, I think working in a firm with multiple practice areas is more strategic in terms of long term goals. Attorneys 1 to 10 years down their careers end up switching practice areas and if you dont know if you want to do labor/employment work your whole life, maybe working at Proskauer wouldnt be the best idea (but again, thats a decision only you can make).

Best of luck to you though, and I hope everything works out.

(just out of personal curiosity, when are you supposed to let the firm know your response. thanks!)
I understand what you are saying. My offer is good for another 2 weeks, though I hope to make a decision before then.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”