Bring list of references to OCI?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Richie Tenenbaum

Bring list of references to OCI?

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:28 pm

I don't recall any of the firms I bid on at OCI listing "references" as part of their application process. Is it still smart to bring a copy of references with me to my interviews in case someone asks? (Does anyone ask for a list of references during screening interviews?) How about call-backs?

SpiteFence

Re: Bring list of references to OCI?

Postby SpiteFence » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:33 pm

I always had one, but I never used it over my 6 callbacks and 30 screeners.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Multiple firms asked me for a reference list at the screener. I would have one just in case.

darklighter13

Postby darklighter13 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:41 pm

It takes ten minutes and printing costs measured in cents in order to have a list of references ready at OCI. It's completely worth it to be prepared.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:56 pm

darklighter13 wrote:It takes ten minutes and printing costs measured in cents in order to have a list of references ready at OCI. It's completely worth it to be prepared.

Do this. I have had multiple firms ask me for things that they did not request before hand (writing sample, transcript, etc.) so I would recommend having copies of all of your materials on hand for all interviews.

Return to “Legal Employment”