Wrote on to a journal as a transfer. Send updated resumes?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Wrote on to a journal as a transfer. Send updated resumes?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Just found that out I wrote on to a journal as a transfer. OCI is next week. What is the best course of action at this point regarding the firms with which I have interviews and the firms than I mass mailed? Should I send them updated resumes? Should I wait and hand updated hard copies to my interviewers and reps at hospitality suites, pointing out the difference?

Anonymous User

Re: Wrote on to a journal as a transfer. Send updated resumes?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just found that out I wrote on to a journal as a transfer. OCI is next week. What is the best course of action at this point regarding the firms with which I have interviews and the firms than I mass mailed? Should I send them updated resumes? Should I wait and hand updated hard copies to my interviewers and reps at hospitality suites, pointing out the difference?

This is how I did it. It provides a nice talking point to begin to conversation, since to an extent you want to guide the conversation to more favorable areas of your background. At the very least, it allows you to emphasize the write-on.

If you send it, there's no guarantee that it'll get to who it needs to get to. So in the end you'll probably just be needing to bring it to the interview.

Miller32

Re: Wrote on to a journal as a transfer. Send updated resumes?

Postby Miller32 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:40 am

Agree. I had a callback this past spring and the firm had my old resume on file. I sent a revised copy to them well before the interview date, but it never got into the right hands. I didn't realize until I got some questions about old information. Luckily I had hard copies with me.

Return to “Legal Employment”