how to deal with rejection letters? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: how to deal with rejection letters?

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Helmholtz wrote:I'm planning on saving all my rejection letters.

(1) If I don't get a job, it will give me something to grasp in my fists while I weep in my apartment. If my life is ever made into a movie, this will be a pivotal scene and having those rejection letters as props will heighten the emotion.
(2) If I do get a job, they will give me an incentive to work hard so I can look back and say, "lol, fuck you guys." <- This is what I did for 1L. I still have my Columbia rejection letter somewhere. It's very satisfying and completely healthy.
Harvard normally only sends an E-mail rejection now. I requested a rejection letter so I'd have one to keep for this reason.

W/R/T employers, I have a stack of those to laugh at as well.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: how to deal with rejection letters?

Post by Grizz » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 pm

SBL wrote:There is a nonzero chance that it will not be a rejection. For instance, I had firms send me a "you're still on our callback list" letter (this ended up being nothing, but it's better than a rejection). I also got an offer in a small envelope. The point is, if you're unwilling to even open a damn envelope, there's no helping you. Grow a pair and read the letter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”