Appellate Firms in Los Angeles

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
zomginternets

Appellate Firms in Los Angeles

Postby zomginternets » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Which firms in Los Angeles, outside the Vault Top 20, have strong appellate practice departments? I know the big names (Gibson Dunn, Quinn Emmanuel, OMM, Munger), but I was wondering if anyone could add to this. Thanks.

Citizen Genet

Re: Appellate Firms in Los Angeles

Postby Citizen Genet » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:44 pm

zomginternets wrote:Which firms in Los Angeles, outside the Vault Top 20, have strong appellate practice departments? I know the big names (Gibson Dunn, Quinn Emmanuel, OMM, Munger), but I was wondering if anyone could add to this. Thanks.

Horvitz Levy is a great appellate boutique. Probably not what you're looking for though, but I figured I'd throw it out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Citizen Genet wrote:
zomginternets wrote:Which firms in Los Angeles, outside the Vault Top 20, have strong appellate practice departments? I know the big names (Gibson Dunn, Quinn Emmanuel, OMM, Munger), but I was wondering if anyone could add to this. Thanks.

Horvitz Levy is a great appellate boutique. Probably not what you're looking for though, but I figured I'd throw it out.

This is THE appellate firm in SoCal. Unfortunately, they almost never hire until you have a few years of experience and/or fed appellate clerkship.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 pm

is it possible to get a 1L summer clerkship with Horvitz?

Citizen Genet

Postby Citizen Genet » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:is it possible to get a 1L summer clerkship with Horvitz?

They don't do summer associateships; they only allow people to come in for the experience and - I could be mistaken about this - without pay. There is no channel in place to turn it into employment.

Return to “Legal Employment”