Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Also UCLA/USC, top 10%.

Callbacks from SullCrom, MoFo, Kirkland, Latham, Bingham, Sidley, Sheppard Mullin, Jenner & Block, Proskauer, Greenberg Glusker, Akin Gump, Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp, White & Case

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dinged by Skadden (LA) via letter.

Dinged by Manatt via email.

Transferred to USC/UCLA from T1 school. Top 10%, invited onto old school's LR. No appreciable WE.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about how OCI is going to turn out.

I've otherwise heard nothing from the other firms, though some have apparently been giving out CBs.


Similar stats, don't worry, usually the CBs right now are going to Top 5% + LR no transfer status.

I'll try not to worry, but it's difficult. Regardless, I can't shake the feeling that I'd be doing better at my old school. People with similar stats have already received multiple CBs at some of the same firms. :|

Another ding via email, on a Saturday no less. I can't imagine the universe of firms that are doing this stuff on a Saturday is large, so I'll leave the firm out for now. Not too unexpected, however, since they usually hire 1-2 summers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:31 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:35 pm

So far I'm 6 for 12 with no dings and 6 more interviews to go. CBs from Wilmer, Ropes, Kirkland, Sidley, Shearman, and Cravath.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So far I'm 6 for 12 with no dings and 6 more interviews to go. CBs from Wilmer, Ropes, Kirkland, Sidley, Shearman, and Cravath.


School/rank?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So far I'm 6 for 12 with no dings and 6 more interviews to go. CBs from Wilmer, Ropes, Kirkland, Sidley, Shearman, and Cravath.


School/rank?


T14, around 10%, serious WE.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Ucla/usc just out of top 10% no lr significant WE. Cbs from irell mofo kirkland quinn and latham LA offices. I had 10 screeners total didn't try for more.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Any word from Covington DC or W&C?

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby GeePee » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Covington DC or W&C?

Covington calls all references for competitive candidates and has multiple eyes reading writing samples. It takes a week to make decisions; I don't think it's been a week since anyone's start of OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Is it me, or does every list of callbacks include Kirkland?

I went on a callback there last week with a big group, and now I'm thinking that they invite a thousand callbacks for ten spots.

:(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dinged by Skadden (LA) via letter.

Dinged by Manatt via email.

Transferred to USC/UCLA from T1 school. Top 10%, invited onto old school's LR. No appreciable WE.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about how OCI is going to turn out.

I've otherwise heard nothing from the other firms, though some have apparently been giving out CBs.


Similar stats, don't worry, usually the CBs right now are going to Top 5% + LR no transfer status.



"CBs right now"? Aren't firms either dinging or offering a callback and then moving on?

Is there really a kind-of waitlist pile?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it me, or does every list of callbacks include Kirkland?

I went on a callback there last week with a big group, and now I'm thinking that they invite a thousand callbacks for ten spots.

:(
NY? If so, o hai dere. I'm sweating the same thing... But they're also going to be taking on a lot of SAs - more than this summer, which was a fair number in its own right (37 for a 300ish person office).

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby stratocophic » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Firms, y u no respond to my emails :x

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it me, or does every list of callbacks include Kirkland?

I went on a callback there last week with a big group, and now I'm thinking that they invite a thousand callbacks for ten spots.

:(
NY? If so, o hai dere. I'm sweating the same thing... But they're also going to be taking on a lot of SAs - more than this summer, which was a fair number in its own right (37 for a 300ish person office).


Yeah, NYC. A friend of mine who was also at that callback says one of the partners told him the committee will be making decisions tomorrow (the 16th).

So we'll know soon enough.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it me, or does every list of callbacks include Kirkland?

I went on a callback there last week with a big group, and now I'm thinking that they invite a thousand callbacks for ten spots.

:(
NY? If so, o hai dere. I'm sweating the same thing... But they're also going to be taking on a lot of SAs - more than this summer, which was a fair number in its own right (37 for a 300ish person office).


Yeah, NYC. A friend of mine who was also at that callback says one of the partners told him the committee will be making decisions tomorrow (the 16th).

So we'll know soon enough.
They told me 2 weeks, but I'm more inclined to believe the specific date than the general estimate. Good luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 pm

DSFSDF
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Post CB snail mail ding by Cahill.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Post CB snail mail ding by Cahill.


When was your interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Post CB snail mail ding by Cahill.


When was your interview?


Tuesday

StyrofoamWar
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby StyrofoamWar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dinged by Skadden (LA) via letter.

Dinged by Manatt via email.

Transferred to USC/UCLA from T1 school. Top 10%, invited onto old school's LR. No appreciable WE.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about how OCI is going to turn out.

I've otherwise heard nothing from the other firms, though some have apparently been giving out CBs.


Similar stats, don't worry, usually the CBs right now are going to Top 5% + LR no transfer status.



"CBs right now"? Aren't firms either dinging or offering a callback and then moving on?

Is there really a kind-of waitlist pile?


I think its more of a "no question about this kid" versus a "let's think about this" sort of thing. top 5-10% + LR tends to be a pretty good lock to get a CB, barring a total eff-up of the screening interview. Firms wants to get those kids on lock right away, since after all they are all fighting over the top talent. Then, it's on to the next tier, and so on down the list.

Or at least that's my understanding from speaking with career services/how I'm keeping my sanity waiting for the phone to ring?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Screener from Weil, callback from Akin (DC) and (NY).
Below median CCN.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dinged by Skadden (LA) via letter.

Dinged by Manatt via email.

Transferred to USC/UCLA from T1 school. Top 10%, invited onto old school's LR. No appreciable WE.

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about how OCI is going to turn out.

I've otherwise heard nothing from the other firms, though some have apparently been giving out CBs.


Similar stats, don't worry, usually the CBs right now are going to Top 5% + LR no transfer status.



"CBs right now"? Aren't firms either dinging or offering a callback and then moving on?

Is there really a kind-of waitlist pile?


I think its more of a "no question about this kid" versus a "let's think about this" sort of thing. top 5-10% + LR tends to be a pretty good lock to get a CB, barring a total eff-up of the screening interview. Firms wants to get those kids on lock right away, since after all they are all fighting over the top talent. Then, it's on to the next tier, and so on down the list.

Or at least that's my understanding from speaking with career services/how I'm keeping my sanity waiting for the phone to ring?

Same anon as quoted originally. PH (LA) ding via mail from screener. No surprise there, the interview was pretty bad.

O'Melveny (LA) ding via email today too.

Slowly losing my sanity.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:18 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:I think its more of a "no question about this kid" versus a "let's think about this" sort of thing. top 5-10% + LR tends to be a pretty good lock to get a CB, barring a total eff-up of the screening interview. Firms wants to get those kids on lock right away, since after all they are all fighting over the top talent. Then, it's on to the next tier, and so on down the list.

Or at least that's my understanding from speaking with career services/how I'm keeping my sanity waiting for the phone to ring?


So kids with numbers on the low end for the firm can expect to wait for a while?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:better than 10% and LR @ T1 in California

20+ screeners

San Francisco CBs at Quinn, MoFo (Palo Alto), Paul Hastings, Jones Day, Kirkland & Ellis, Mayer Brown (Palo Alto), DLA Piper.

Dinged via e-mail by O'Melveny and by letter at Latham.


It's me again. Gotta CB from WilmerHale today. Plus a local firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273254
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:04 am

Anyone have any post-CB news from Skadden NY?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.