Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Offers from mayer brown ny and Katten ny!

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby missinglink » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers from mayer brown ny and Katten ny!

On a Sunday? Congrats!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Congrats!

When was your Katten CB and when did you get the offer? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Also was the Katten offer from a Restricted Number?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats!

When was your Katten CB and when did you get the offer? Thanks!


Actually I got Katten the middle of last week - I think Wednesday. My CB was the Friday before. It was from a regular phone number. Good luck!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 am

CALLBACKS FROM:
Jones Day SF
Bingham SF
Perkins SF
Reed Smith SF

DINGS FROM:
Jones Day SF

has anyone heard from any of the above firms after CBs? so sick of waiting

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 am

Did anyone hear from Curtis Mallet post callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

nvm

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:10 pm

bummp now that the holiday is over

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Ropes & Gray Boston offer today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:59 pm

For R&G, when was your callback? Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Anyone hear from Goodwin Boston post CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Ding at Morgan Lewis post CB (about a week).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For R&G, when was your callback? Thanks!


it was last monday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ding at Morgan Lewis post CB (about a week).

Office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Post CB dings via snail mail from Clifford Chance and Jones Day, both for NY Offices and both postmarked 9/1.

The CBs were on the 25th and 29th, respectively.

(just informational, no condolences necessary, offer in hand that I was preferring to both firms anyway)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Any Baker & Hostetler NY Offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Anybody hear from Akin, Stroock, or Bingham post cb, all NY??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Post CB dings via snail mail from Clifford Chance and Jones Day, both for NY Offices and both postmarked 9/1.

The CBs were on the 25th and 29th, respectively.

(just informational, no condolences necessary, offer in hand that I was preferring to both firms anyway)


I had an interview w/ Jones Day forever ago (the 23rd I think) and still haven't heard = ="

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:04 am

My Bingham SF callback will be 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I still haven't heard anything. I though the whole purpose of doing a whole bunch of callbacks in one day was so that they could get back to use sooner. Has anyone heard anything either way?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:My Bingham SF callback will be 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I still haven't heard anything. I though the whole purpose of doing a whole bunch of callbacks in one day was so that they could get back to use sooner. Has anyone heard anything either way?


someone from my class got an offer from bingham sf already, about a week after cb

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Is there proper etiquette for canceling a CB? For example: phone or email, do I explain why I'm canceling or just say I need to cancel, and do I contact the legal recruiting department or the interviewer that invited me back for the CB? I have offers in the city I want so I need to cancel some NY CBs so others can have a shot.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Gibson Dunn NYC offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Hughes Hubbard Ding via snail

cb: 8/9

kahechsof
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby kahechsof » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is there proper etiquette for canceling a CB? For example: phone or email, do I explain why I'm canceling or just say I need to cancel, and do I contact the legal recruiting department or the interviewer that invited me back for the CB? I have offers in the city I want so I need to cancel some NY CBs so others can have a shot.


I'd call. And just say you are cancelling and thank them for their interest. They know why.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273582
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm

kahechsof wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is there proper etiquette for canceling a CB? For example: phone or email, do I explain why I'm canceling or just say I need to cancel, and do I contact the legal recruiting department or the interviewer that invited me back for the CB? I have offers in the city I want so I need to cancel some NY CBs so others can have a shot.


I'd call. And just say you are cancelling and thank them for their interest. They know why.


Don't be a pansy. Call them like a grown up.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.