Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anybody with an Akin (NY) CB have any information on turnaround?


I had a CB with Akin NY almost 2 weeks ago, still nothing. I'd be interested to see if anyone has heard either way

was this through OCI? I had one today, through OCI

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anybody with an Akin (NY) CB have any information on turnaround?


I had a CB with Akin NY almost 2 weeks ago, still nothing. I'd be interested to see if anyone has heard either way

was this through OCI? I had one today, through OCI


Yeah it was through an early OCI program my school does

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 pm

fwiw, I know ppl who have cb's scheduled with Akin NY in the coming two weeks---so if they are the type of firm that waits until all the CB's are over to decide it may be awhile longer. Also, I was under the impression that their NY program was relatively small (12-15) but it seems like they have given quite a few ppl CB's for (what I thought was) a limited number of spots

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:fwiw, I know ppl who have cb's scheduled with Akin NY in the coming two weeks---so if they are the type of firm that waits until all the CB's are over to decide it may be awhile longer. Also, I was under the impression that their NY program was relatively small (12-15) but it seems like they have given quite a few ppl CB's for (what I thought was) a limited number of spots

they did mention it should take about 2 weeks...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:49 pm

anybody hear about CB or offers from fried frank?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 pm

I had a CB with Gibson Dunn on Friday. So did someone else from a higher-ranked school.

They got an offer the same day. I haven't heard yet. Should I be worried?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from linklaters or clifford chance after a CB; if so, how long after?


CC hiring committee is meeting for the first time this week -- Wednesday i think. From what I was told, no offers have gone out yet, but they should be coming this week.

oh man, thanks dude

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 am

So are HCs meeting this week? Because if so....I'm not hearing anything, nor...will I. *keeps mailing*

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had a CB with Gibson Dunn on Friday. So did someone else from a higher-ranked school.

They got an offer the same day. I haven't heard yet. Should I be worried?


What office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:anybody hear about CB or offers from fried frank?


I just scheduled my callback with Fried Frank DC yesterday following a screener at the BU/BC/Northwestern Consortium on Friday. The woman informed me that the DC office had made no offers. They only started CB's on Aug. 22nd, and wanted to get at least half way through before making offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:38 am

anyone who did a CB at Ropes and Latham last week hear back yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anybody hear about CB or offers from fried frank?


I have a CB this week in NYC- don't know if they've offered anyone yet though. Through resume collect at my T25.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Anybody with CBs last week who received offers today or yesterday? Curious especially about NY with all of the hurricane sh*t going down.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody with CBs last week who received offers today or yesterday? Curious especially about NY with all of the hurricane sh*t going down.


Seems like offers have been verrrryyyyy slow... I had four cbs before today and haven't heard a peep from anyone. But I read that Clifford Chance's recruiters are having their first weekly meeting this Wednesday, so I figured that law firms are just not as up on the ante as we are about these things...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody with CBs last week who received offers today or yesterday? Curious especially about NY with all of the hurricane sh*t going down.


Seems like offers have been verrrryyyyy slow... I had four cbs before today and haven't heard a peep from anyone. But I read that Clifford Chance's recruiters are having their first weekly meeting this Wednesday, so I figured that law firms are just not as up on the ante as we are about these things...


that's comforting --- i'm in the same boat as you are.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anybody hear about CB or offers from fried frank?

No, had my callback last Wednesday (NY). Nothing since.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Offer from K&E in NY.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer from K&E in NY.


When was your CB interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Ding from Freshfields via snail mail yesterday. CB was 8/19. I've done 5 others in NYC in the past two weeks and haven't heard a peep so far...starting to really need some answers!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Ropes NY offer out there?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:07 pm

DPW callback from mass mail yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Anyone get an offer from Paul Hastings-NY yet?

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby RMstratosphere » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DPW callback from mass mail yesterday.


:shock:
stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Prior history:

UCLA, law review, just outside top 10%.



Rejected after callback from Davis Polk (Menlo Park), the callback was on 8/19, received the letter 8/27.


Offer from Proskauer (LA), callback was on 8/24

Anonymous User
Posts: 273386
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:48 am

RMstratosphere wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:DPW callback from mass mail yesterday.


:shock:
stats?


did DPW ask you to send a transcript before giving you a callback? if so, when?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.