Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Callback, Offer & Ding LLP - 2011 Results Megathread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:29 am

Well, I guess I'm done.

Using the TLS rank formulator, I'm between the top 15% and 20% at a T30. I had about 30 OCI screeners and ended up with 1 V100 callback, 4 mid-market biglaw callbacks, and a gub'ment callback. I was dinged by the v100 and received 2 offers, a mid-market ding, government ding, and I withdrew my name from the other mid-market. I think I was really hurt by the fact that I go to a regional school, out of state, with no ties to the area. Anyway, I'm just happy to have gotten an offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I had a callback interview at a lower ranked v100 the first week of September. They told me it would take about 2 weeks to hear from them. I called them just after 2 weeks went by and they told me that they didn't reject me but they need to see how many of the offers that they already extended are accepted before they can make any more offers. It has been now another 2 and a half weeks. Should I call again? What do you think my chances are?

T50, top 3rd, secondary journal, solid WE.

Had 6 on campus screeners, 2 callbacks, 1 callback ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback interview at a lower ranked v100 the first week of September. They told me it would take about 2 weeks to hear from them. I called them just after 2 weeks went by and they told me that they didn't reject me but they need to see how many of the offers that they already extended are accepted before they can make any more offers. It has been now another 2 and a half weeks. Should I call again? What do you think my chances are?

T50, top 3rd, secondary journal, solid WE.

Had 6 on campus screeners, 2 callbacks, 1 callback ding.
i would definitely call. at the very least it shows you are genuinely interested in the firm and when a spot opens up (very likely to happen, as most people are probably running into NALP deadlines), you could be picked over someone else who never bothered to follow up.

IAmNietzche

New

Post by IAmNietzche » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:27 am

Quick background. I go to a school in PA but would like to eventually end up practicing in Boston. I have strong ties to the Boston area.

I received an offer from a V60-70 firm in Philly w/ no Boston office and am waiting to hear from a V40-50 firm in Philly w/ a Boston office. I am also waiting to hear from a Boston firm outside the V100.

Assuming I get offers from the two I'm waiting on, am I stupid to choose the Boston firm over the other two? Also, how smart is it to go into a firm's SA program in one office with the desire to work in one of their other offices? Is it possible to transfer offices as a junior associate?

Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”