OCI Callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 pm

OCI began this week at my lower T1 school -- Received a callback from a V50 firm today after having screened yesterday. Pleased to at least off the mark, lowers the pressure a little bit (i know -- a callback isn't an offer, but at least I know i am not bombing the interviews...)

I know ITE, the right play is to schedule ASAP -- but I'm worried that other firms may take longer to call back and delay interviews a until September -- and thus threatening my 28 day window if I'm able to secure an offer. Is there any sense to scheduling the interview as late (still in August) as possible without hurting my chances of receiving an offer?

pren

Re: OCI Callback

Postby pren » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:09 pm

from what I heard is that it's best to schedule ASAP because firms are interviewing call-back candidates and making offers on a rolling basis. A late slot may not be to your advantage.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OCI began this week at my lower T1 school -- Received a callback from a V50 firm today after having screened yesterday. Pleased to at least off the mark, lowers the pressure a little bit (i know -- a callback isn't an offer, but at least I know i am not bombing the interviews...)

I know ITE, the right play is to schedule ASAP -- but I'm worried that other firms may take longer to call back and delay interviews a until September -- and thus threatening my 28 day window if I'm able to secure an offer. Is there any sense to scheduling the interview as late (still in August) as possible without hurting my chances of receiving an offer?

I'm certainly no expert, as I'm about to go through the OCI process myself, but from what I understand, you shouldn't be too worse off if you schedule later in August. The only reason I say this is that most firms don't complete their on-campus interviewing until the end of August anyway, so it's unlikely they would fill up their offers before they've even finished all their screening interviews. Still, if it's a firm you really would want to work at, might as well schedule early and lock it up. it would at least give you peace of mind as you continue the rest of OCI.

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 pm

If you get the offer, are there really so many other firms you would want instead? This isn't law school admissions that you get to bargain for scholarship.

Glock

Postby Glock » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Schedule. You are much more likely to regret a delay and it might show a lack of interest. You'll get at least 28 days to accept any offer, so that gives you some time to work.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Schedule. You are much more likely to regret a delay and it might show a lack of interest. You'll get at least 28 days to accept any offer, so that gives you some time to work. :P

Totally agree with this answer. Good luck. Hopefully, you will hear from more law firms this week!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Schedule. If you get an offer you are very likely to get an extension - everyone I know who requested on got one.

Also, I can confirm offers go back on a rolling basis, it's in your interest to be in quickly.

imchuckbass58

Postby imchuckbass58 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:01 am

Schedule ASAP. You can request extensions, and most other firms will expedite decisions if you indicate you have a looming deadline.

Return to “Legal Employment”