How to Compose a Targeted Cover Letter If...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to Compose a Targeted Cover Letter If...

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 pm

...you don't know what you specifically want to practice, have not had any encounters with any individuals in the firm, etc. Any thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: How to Compose a Targeted Cover Letter If...

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 pm

bump.

emciosn

Re: How to Compose a Targeted Cover Letter If...

Postby emciosn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 pm

do you know whether you generally want to do litigation vs. transactional work? I don't have a very specific practice area interest but I know I want to do litigation (for now) and wrote a paragraph about being generally interested in the advocacy process and being open to trying a number of practice areas. I am a rising 2L so maybe I get a little leeway for that because I have gotten a number of positive responses so far. Tell the firm you like their geographical location, reputation for client service etc... Then say that you are interested in working for a larger firm that could expose you to a number of practice areas. Thats what I did and it has gone alright.

Return to “Legal Employment”