Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ducksfan99 wrote:anyone hear back from Schulte Roth & Zabel or Andrews Kurth?
schulte made cb's night after interview...no word is likely ding.
Not necessarily true. Got a Schulte CB a week after my interview (interview on the 18th, CB call made on the 25th).

Maybe I was in a holding pattern while others turned down their CBs. Dunno.

which interviewer for schulte?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ducksfan99 wrote:anyone hear back from Schulte Roth & Zabel or Andrews Kurth?
schulte made cb's night after interview...no word is likely ding.
Not necessarily true. Got a Schulte CB a week after my interview (interview on the 18th, CB call made on the 25th).

Maybe I was in a holding pattern while others turned down their CBs. Dunno.

which interviewer for schulte?
JK

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Freshfields and Fox Rothschild dings by mail today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm curious what's the most callbacks anyone's gotten? I know people from Columbia and NYU who have up to 15 but wasn't sure if Fordham does as well. Anyone with over 10? At that point I imagine you have to schedule carefully with lower interest firms later in September.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm curious what's the most callbacks anyone's gotten? I know people from Columbia and NYU who have up to 15 but wasn't sure if Fordham does as well. Anyone with over 10? At that point I imagine you have to schedule carefully with lower interest firms later in September.
hit 14 yesterday...still have to hear from 6 more (jones day, cleary, weil and a few others) though i'm not too hopeful for them given the time lapse.

rejections from simpson and hughes hubbard today...cushioned by a cravath cb.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm curious what's the most callbacks anyone's gotten? I know people from Columbia and NYU who have up to 15 but wasn't sure if Fordham does as well. Anyone with over 10? At that point I imagine you have to schedule carefully with lower interest firms later in September.
I'm at 11 right now and waiting to hear from a few of my Tuesday and Wednesday interviews (DLA, Cleary, STB), although at this point the list is most likely fixed. I've grouped my callbacks into firms which I'd really like to work at, firms which I would be ok working at, and those which I probably wouldn't. I've started cancelling those which I wouldn't work at, and as soon as I get an offer from a firm I'd really like to work at, I'll cancel all of the callbacks at firms which I'd merely be ok with working at. I'm hoping to manage it down to 3 or 4 offers so the ultimate choice isn't too tough.

My bidding strategy was to include 4 or 5 safety firms and 4 or 5 reaches, and then went down the Chambers list in the practice area that I'd like to practice in. Since I got a few cb's at my reach firms, it will be easy to narrow down the list once an offer comes in from one of them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 pm

I know of a couple people with 15+. Very bimodal distribution.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Cleary called on Thursday for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hit 14 yesterday...still have to hear from 6 more (jones day, cleary, weil and a few others) though i'm not too hopeful for them given the time lapse.

Weil has made some calls at least. Did others get Hughes Hubbard responses today too?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Weil has made some calls at least. Did others get Hughes Hubbard responses today too?

which Weil/Simpson interviewerers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:07 pm

I don't know what to make of the Cravath callback. 10 to 5 sounds awful for a callback, espesh when the reward is 100 hour weeks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cleary called on Thursday for me.
which cleary interviewer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

which Weil/Simpson interviewerers?
Im not the poster above but I also heard from both: Weil-JS and Simpson-MR
and I also heard from Hughes Hubbard yesterday with a USPS ding.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone actually gotten a ding from skadden or DPW yet? i thought the skadden ding was supposed to come via snail mail only a few days after screener. plus skadden was on campus a week and a half ago--expected the ding by now
same poster here...sort of bumping

i have more than 10 cbs, but kind of curious about the ones i havent heard from...holding pattern or just a rejection in the waiting?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone actually gotten a ding from skadden or DPW yet? i thought the skadden ding was supposed to come via snail mail only a few days after screener. plus skadden was on campus a week and a half ago--expected the ding by now

i have more than 10 cbs, but kind of curious about the ones i havent heard from...holding pattern or just a rejection in the waiting?
got dpw cb, but haven't heard from skadden. dpw had a cb reception for all ny cb recipients so if you haven't heard, unless you get a miracle it's a rejection. based on friends from lr who have had skadden cb's, they too had a reception, so i'm guessing both yours and my own lack of contact is a rejection.

hope that answers it. sure you did fine with others if you were even in the running. good luck to you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

got dpw cb, but haven't heard from skadden. dpw had a cb reception for all ny cb recipients so if you haven't heard, unless you get a miracle it's a rejection. based on friends from lr who have had skadden cb's, they too had a reception, so i'm guessing both yours and my own lack of contact is a rejection.

hope that answers it. sure you did fine with others if you were even in the running. good luck to you.
thanks for the response..was just kind of curious...i had the work experience to fit the bill, but gpa was a touch below what they likely wanted...interview went well, but i think they likely only had a few candidates (gpa-wise) in mind when they came onto campus in the first place

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:I don't know what to make of the Cravath callback. 10 to 5 sounds awful for a callback, espesh when the reward is 100 hour weeks
seriously? you're going to complain about a 7 hour cb on a board where probably 75% of your classmates would be happy to get a job out of eiw?

if you can't take a 7 hour interview with the 2nd most prestigious law firm in the world, big law ain't the right line of work for you top gun.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

thanks for the response..was just kind of curious...i had the work experience to fit the bill, but gpa was a touch below what they likely wanted...interview went well, but i think they likely only had a few candidates (gpa-wise) in mind when they came onto campus in the first place
got a cb with dpw with a decently high gpa...just below 3.7. i figured they'd be taking more top 20 students but, i'll take the pleasant surprise.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:54 am

Vinson & Elkins....or Curtis-Mallet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Vinson & Elkins....or Curtis-Mallet?
Got a snail mail ding from Curtis if it helps.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:31 pm

thanks for the response..was just kind of curious...i had the work experience to fit the bill, but gpa was a touch below what they likely wanted...interview went well, but i think they likely only had a few candidates (gpa-wise) in mind when they came onto campus in the first place[/quote]

got a cb with dpw with a decently high gpa...just below 3.7. i figured they'd be taking more top 20 students but, i'll take the pleasant surprise.[/quote]

I couldn't even get an interview with them with a GPA just below a 3.7 so kudos to you! Good luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Vinson & Elkins....or Curtis-Mallet?
Got a snail mail ding from Curtis if it helps.
Thanks. Do you know how people heard if they received a CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:got dpw cb, but haven't heard from skadden. dpw had a cb reception for all ny cb recipients so if you haven't heard, unless you get a miracle it's a rejection. based on friends from lr who have had skadden cb's, they too had a reception, so i'm guessing both yours and my own lack of contact is a rejection.

got a cb with dpw with a decently high gpa...just below 3.7. i figured they'd be taking more top 20 students but, i'll take the pleasant surprise.[/quote]

I couldn't even get an interview with them with a GPA just below a 3.7 so kudos to you! Good luck![/quote]

really? are you lr?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:50 pm

anyone got the rejection from Baker & McKenzie yet? And how?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been able to successfully schedule their callback with White & Case? I called yesterday and left a message but have not heard back.
Having the same issue--left voicemail, but still nothing.
SAME I called and left a message on Wednesday and still haven't heard anything back. Has anyone been able to schedule theirs since the last time they posted?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”