Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Anyone hear anything from Gunster, O'Melveney, or Strook?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Shearman (DC) ding yesterday by email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Gunster, O'Melveney, or Strook?


OMM yesterday, although I might cancel the CB since its not really strong in the area in which I'd like to practice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Has anyone heard from yesterday's firms? If so, which and when?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Has anyone been able to successfully schedule their callback with White & Case? I called yesterday and left a message but have not heard back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:54 pm

just if anyone else received a call back or rejection or slience from baker & mckenzie?
Still not a sound here and it's driving me crazy

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Gunster, O'Melveney, or Strook?


OMM yesterday, although I might cancel the CB since its not really strong in the area in which I'd like to practice.

Image

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Gunster, O'Melveney, or Strook?


OMM yesterday, although I might cancel the CB since its not really strong in the area in which I'd like to practice.

Image


God forbid we discuss issues pertaining to our future legal careers in the 'legal employment' subforum, lest we may offend some of those who were not as successful at garnering callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:just if anyone else received a call back or rejection or slience from baker & mckenzie?
Still not a sound here and it's driving me crazy


Callback received this morning from interviewer RA as posted earlier.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Gunster, O'Melveney, or Strook?


OMM yesterday, although I might cancel the CB since its not really strong in the area in which I'd like to practice.

Image


God forbid we discuss issues pertaining to our future legal careers in the 'legal employment' subforum, lest we may offend some of those who were not as successful at garnering callbacks.



Whoosh. Pretty sure his point was that you sound like an egotistical dbag bragging about cancelling callbacks unprompted when many others would give quite a bit just to get a callback. Some decorum perhaps?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Whoosh. Pretty sure his point was that you sound like an egotistical dbag bragging about cancelling callbacks unprompted when many others would give quite a bit just to get a callback. Some decorum perhaps?


Uhh yeah, I get his point. But maybe some decorum would be appropriate coming from the other side of the table as well, as we are now approaching the point in the hiring process where candidates need to pare down their callbacks in order to eliminate firms that they are not serious about. It is about professionalism- why should you waste the time of partners and associates at a firm that you are sure you won't work at?

And what, may I ask, is the point of this forum if not to discuss the hiring process? "CB received but thinking of cancelling" is just as informative as "22 interviews garnered" or "offer at firm XY" in that it informs others who may be in the same position of how the individual is handling the process. I for one would like to know if others are doing the same with their callbacks, or if people are just going to every firm that calls them regardless of how they feel about actually working there. Geez, we are allowed to waste 60 pages debating whether buttondown collars are appropriate, but bring up the concept of professionalism with regard to callbacks and the insults start flying (for I doubt that image had any other purpose than to be insulting). Keeping it classy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Whoosh. Pretty sure his point was that you sound like an egotistical dbag bragging about cancelling callbacks unprompted when many others would give quite a bit just to get a callback. Some decorum perhaps?


Uhh yeah, I get his point. But maybe some decorum would be appropriate coming from the other side of the table as well, as we are now approaching the point in the hiring process where candidates need to pare down their callbacks in order to eliminate firms that they are not serious about. It is about professionalism- why should you waste the time of partners and associates at a firm that you are sure you won't work at?

And what, may I ask, is the point of this forum if not to discuss the hiring process? "CB received but thinking of cancelling" is just as informative as "22 interviews garnered" or "offer at firm XY" in that it informs others who may be in the same position of how the individual is handling the process. I for one would like to know if others are doing the same with their callbacks, or if people are just going to every firm that calls them regardless of how they feel about actually working there. Geez, we are allowed to waste 60 pages debating whether buttondown collars are appropriate, but bring up the concept of professionalism with regard to callbacks and the insults start flying (for I doubt that image had any other purpose than to be insulting). Keeping it classy.


Yeah I gotcha. I actually agree with your point and think cancelling callbacks is very helpful to others. It was just your wishy-washy tone on the thinking of cancelling that would annoy people. Otherwise, completely agree with your response.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:just if anyone else received a call back or rejection or slience from baker & mckenzie?
Still not a sound here and it's driving me crazy


Callback received this morning from interviewer RA as posted earlier.


Yup thanks man, I was hoping that there are some others that either received call backs, rejections, or nothing at all. Just want to know where I stand.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Snail mail ding from Hunton & Williams

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Fried Frank and Linklaters cb's today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Fried Frank and Linklaters cb's today.


which Linklaters interviewer? SS?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 pm

anyone hear from Sutherland, Drinker Biddle, Liddle & Robinson, or Cooley? All Wednesday interviews...

also, Carter Ledyard?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Weil CB this afternoon by phone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been able to successfully schedule their callback with White & Case? I called yesterday and left a message but have not heard back.


Having the same issue--left voicemail, but still nothing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been able to successfully schedule their callback with White & Case? I called yesterday and left a message but have not heard back.


Having the same issue--left voicemail, but still nothing.



same here. in the meantime, dechert callback this morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Weil CB this afternoon by phone.


Interviewer initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 am

Kramer Levin or Vinson & Elkins?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:31 am

similar to white & case situation, has anyone successfully scheduled their cb with clifford chance? voicemail and no return call yet

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:similar to white & case situation, has anyone successfully scheduled their cb with clifford chance? voicemail and no return call yet


Yes. Scheduled Clifford Chance. Same issue, so I just called the next day again and got through. Best of luck.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Fordham OCI Thread 2011 -- All We Need Is One

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:49 am

Anyone hear from Cleary, Cravath, or STB?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.