Sunbelt job fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sunbelt job fair

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 am

Let's get a thread going for this fair

10 preselects; 2 alternates

Kind of glad at the outcome since there were very few overlaps between these and my OCI results. By the way, if you get preselected for a firm's office through the job fair but also get an interview for the same firm/office through the lottery at OCI, which interview should you decline? The one at OCI happens first.

merc280

Re: Sunbelt job fair

Postby merc280 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:25 am

Does one have to be a URM/ specific type of minority to go through this career fair?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Let's get a thread going for this fair

Kind of glad at the outcome since there were very few overlaps between these and my OCI results. By the way, if you get preselected for a firm's office through the job fair but also get an interview for the same firm/office through the lottery at OCI, which interview should you decline? The one at OCI happens first.

18 preselects on 22 bids. I already have screening interviews with 7 of the firms through OCI so will do a max of 11 interviews at Sunbelt.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:28 am

merc280 wrote:Does one have to be a URM/ specific type of minority to go through this career fair?

nope. many schools consider women to be minorities too. if semjf serves as any guide, definitely expect to see plenty of white folks there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Let's get a thread going for this fair

18 preselects on 22 bids. I already have screening interviews with 7 of the firms through OCI so will do a max of 11 interviews at Sunbelt.

What are y'alls numbers (school rank, gpa, class rank, etc)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
18 preselects.

What are y'alls numbers (school rank, gpa, class rank, etc)

Top 10% and LR. Sorry, don't want to out myself by giving the school (not many URM's on LR) but I am not at UT.

Return to “Legal Employment”