ausa calling judge on your behalf

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

ausa calling judge on your behalf

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:09 pm

i did an externship with a us attorney's office. i am applying to judges in that same district. would it be weird to ask an ausa you worked with extensively to make a call on your behalf? i wasn't sure given that one is a judge the other a lawyer often in front of her.

johndhi

Re: ausa calling judge on your behalf

Postby johndhi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Tough to say... it feels a little weird to outright ask them to make a call on your behalf, but if you're talking about it a lot and they don't quite get the idea, maybe you'll have to say something like, "I have heard it really makes a difference if someone if your office makes a call to the judge."

Have you contacted your supervisor and let them know that you're applying for a position with one of the judges in his/her district? Asked her for tips in any interview, etc?

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:48 pm

I don't know if I can explain why, but this seems inappropriate. A recommendation letter - fine. A phone call - crosses some line in my mind.

vamedic03

Postby vamedic03 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i did an externship with a us attorney's office. i am applying to judges in that same district. would it be weird to ask an ausa you worked with extensively to make a call on your behalf? i wasn't sure given that one is a judge the other a lawyer often in front of her.

If they have active cases before the judge, I really doubt they would engage in ex parte communications.

Return to “Legal Employment”