Median CLS at EIP

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Median CLS at EIP

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 pm

almost exactly median here, 4cbs...i know median people with as many as 5 and as few as 1 all median

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just posted this in the other EIP thread, but I'm reposting here: most of the firms that seem to have had a quick turnaround from screener to callback so far are V10s or V50s. As median or below median, you should have interviewed with lots of firms that are not in this range. These are also the firms that, for the most part, have not given out callbacks yet. I don't think you can accurately judge how you are doing for at least another week or so. Keep your chin up!

v10 and v50 are pretty different ranges though. as someone at median, i only interviewed with one v10 firm, but interviewed with a good number of v50 firms. i thought the prevailing advice in terms of vault ranges was to not put too much value on the vault ranking, but also look at other factors (size of SA class, how willing the firm was to give cb's to non-stone in the past, etc) because some smaller firms ranked lower on the vault list might be deceptively selective since they have small SA classes.

imo, the best indicator of whether or not you still have a shot is whether your interviewer has called others back. i agree that v10 firms move quicker than other firms, probably because they are all competing for the same small group of honors/LR students, but vault ranges don't have much to do with it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:35 pm

agreed...as a median student i bid on 1-2 v10s and mostly v50s

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm feeling kind of dejected. I only have three CBs. The feast or famine aspect of EIP is hard, but I guess it's my fault in that I should've gotten better grades if I wanted to feast.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:24 pm

three cbs is not bad - remember that you only need one offer :) it's a better place to be than 0 or 1 cbs :P

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:55 pm

So how has it shaken out for everyone? I have 7 CBs, six from EIP and one from mass mailing

Return to “Legal Employment”