CA DOJ

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sanpiero

CA DOJ

Postby sanpiero » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 am

Anyone know anything about the application process for entry-level positions with the California DOJ, AG's Office?

How selective?

random5483

Re: CA DOJ

Postby random5483 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 am

A google search resulted in this link - http://ag.ca.gov/careers/exams.php

I'd advise you against working for the CA DoJ. It is by no means the same as the federal DoJ. The competition for the spots is probably much less (guessing). People who work in CA state agencies (attorneys) tend to get stuck there. I have spoken to a few because I had interactions with some CA state attorneys at my pre-law school job.
Last edited by random5483 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanpiero

Postby sanpiero » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:00 am

thanks!

anyone with first-hand experience with or an anecdotal account of the application/testing process?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:09 pm

I worked there this summer. The department is broken into many different sections, and each hires differently. I can tell you this, it will be very hard to impossible to get a job there. Most, if not all, of the sections are not actually going to be hiring entry-levels. Kamala Harris sent an email a few weeks ago that was basically saying that there will be a freeze and a lot of people will lose their jobs (maybe just staff, but maybe attorneys). As such, they already have the attorneys do furlough, and so most are not in the office the full 5 days.

That said, I think Corrections is one of the few departments that historically hires entry-levels. If possible, try getting in contact with someone in the department. Everyone is super nice and maybe speaking with an attorney is a good way to network.

Return to “Legal Employment”