OCI Interview Tips / Cheat Sheet

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Doritos

Re: OCI Interview Tips / Cheat Sheet

Postby Doritos » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:48 pm

I was told by multiple hiring folks that taking notes is not viewed positively. Its awkward all around.

GeePee

Re: OCI Interview Tips / Cheat Sheet

Postby GeePee » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My best friend did OCI 2 years ago and told me that he made individualized manila folders (which he labeled and kept in a padfolio) for each firm with his resume, transcript, and any other requested materials. He said a couple of the interviewers really liked it and felt that it made him look organized. Any reason not to do this? Will it make me stand out in a bad/weird way?

No; I think this is exactly what you should be doing. I'm using a similar system, where I clip my one-page firm cheat sheet to the requested materials for the firm. It allows me easy access to the prep work in the minutes leading up to the interview and then conveniently holds the materials afterward.

Return to “Legal Employment”