Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Anyone heard from Archer & Greiner?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Archer & Greiner?

Dinged me. I get the feeling they are only recruiting through OCI and not taking any mass-mailers.

Oh, and I have Patton Boggs Newark CB set up through OCI. Not a NJ firm, but NJ branch, so I guess its fair game for this thread.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Dinged me. I get the feeling they are only recruiting through OCI and not taking any mass-mailers.

Oh, and I have Patton Boggs Newark CB set up through OCI. Not a NJ firm, but NJ branch, so I guess its fair game for this thread.

School? I had an OCI interview with them that I feel like I nailed last Thursday, but it's been radio silence since.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

School? I had an OCI interview with them that I feel like I nailed last Thursday, but it's been radio silence since.

CCN-range. I have significant ties to the area (as I'm sure many of you do), and I also felt like I nailed the interview the moment I walked out. They called me the next afternoon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

CCN-range. I have significant ties to the area (as I'm sure many of you do), and I also felt like I nailed the interview the moment I walked out. They called me the next afternoon.

They called to reject you? Is this post-screener or post-cb?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They called to reject you? Is this post-screener or post-cb?

They called me after the OCI screener to invite me to a CB interview, which I haven't been on yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They called to reject you? Is this post-screener or post-cb?

They called me after the OCI screener to invite me to a CB interview, which I haven't been on yet.

So confused, there must be two posters responding the A&G inquiries I'm posting. One said he/she was outright rejected, but you have a CB. Sort this out for me, if you don't mind.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:37 am

Also had my Bressler interview...said it may take several weeks. I hate that word 'several'. NJ takes sooo long. But anyway...anyone have a list of the NJ firms that are participating Rutgers/Seton OCI?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Cole Schotz interview request. MVP transfer. Very strong NJ ties.

areyouinsane

Postby areyouinsane » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:50 pm

anyone have a list of the NJ firms that are participating Rutgers/Seton OCI?

ROTFL! Even shitlaw NJ firms don't waste their time speaking with the "Joisey Shore" mouth breathers at SH. Besdies McCarter is a dump and doesn't even have SA's anymore.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had an awesome interview with Lowenstein today and was made an offer a few hours later. Very seriously considering it given how great the people were and how much I liked the firm culture/environment

BTW, Lowenstein has been doing that this year (I know of two other people with Lowenstein offers through this no-screener method). They are trying to "steal" high credentialed people before OCI since they know you can only keep the offer open 28 days and people will barely be going on CB's by then. Kind of shady if you ask me, but they're a solid firm. I just can't imagine someone with the types of credentials these people generally have picking Lowenstein unless you absolutely, unconditionally love NJ.

I don't think they're trying to "steal" anyone, that seems a strange motive to ascribe to them. They give you the option of scheduling your callback later (e.g. September), which clearly wouldn't be a choice if they were trying to "steal" people before OCI. My CB/offer with them was right in the middle of my other CB's, so it doesn't seem like they were trying to "steal" me. Seems like a good bunch of people too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had an awesome interview with Lowenstein today and was made an offer a few hours later. Very seriously considering it given how great the people were and how much I liked the firm culture/environment

BTW, Lowenstein has been doing that this year (I know of two other people with Lowenstein offers through this no-screener method). They are trying to "steal" high credentialed people before OCI since they know you can only keep the offer open 28 days and people will barely be going on CB's by then. Kind of shady if you ask me, but they're a solid firm. I just can't imagine someone with the types of credentials these people generally have picking Lowenstein unless you absolutely, unconditionally love NJ.

I don't think they're trying to "steal" anyone, that seems a strange motive to ascribe to them. They give you the option of scheduling your callback later (e.g. September), which clearly wouldn't be a choice if they were trying to "steal" people before OCI. My CB/offer with them was right in the middle of my other CB's, so it doesn't seem like they were trying to "steal" me. Seems like a good bunch of people too.

Not sure of your circumstances, but in a lot of cases where students are at the top of their class, they don't do screeners, and just invite you to come in for a callback. While you may be able to schedule it in September, in my case, they emailed me before OCI in early August, saying "rather than meeting you for 20 minutes at your school, can you come in next week for a longer series of interviews." There was really no way to move it to 3-4 weeks later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Cole Schotz interview request. MVP transfer. Very strong NJ ties.

Mass mail? Timetable?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Cole Schotz interview request. MVP transfer. Very strong NJ ties.

Mass mail? Timetable?

Mass mail last week of July.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not sure of your circumstances, but in a lot of cases where students are at the top of their class, they don't do screeners, and just invite you to come in for a callback. While you may be able to schedule it in September, in my case, they emailed me before OCI in early August, saying "rather than meeting you for 20 minutes at your school, can you come in next week for a longer series of interviews." There was really no way to move it to 3-4 weeks later.

I'm not saying they should interview people later. I'm saying that they should be flexible with their deadline as to allow people to at least finish their callbacks and consider all options side by side. They can still interview early and have a flexible deadline, or interview early and just wait a bit before making offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Anyone from Penn know when Archer & Greiner was completing their OCI there? I'm assuming CBs will go out shortly after - still radio silence after my interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:31 am

Got an Archer ding in the mail (mass-mail; not the poster above that had an interview).

Also, Archer & Grenier doesn't do OCI at Rutgers-Camden (one of their primary recruiting schools if you look at their website) until early September.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Penn know when Archer & Greiner was completing their OCI there? I'm assuming CBs will go out shortly after - still radio silence after my interview.

I have heard nothing as well. I felt like I had a strong interview and have CBs from a number of other Philly-area firms, so I hope they just aren't in big hurry.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone from Penn know when Archer & Greiner was completing their OCI there? I'm assuming CBs will go out shortly after - still radio silence after my interview.

I have heard nothing as well. I felt like I had a strong interview and have CBs from a number of other Philly-area firms, so I hope they just aren't in big hurry.

Alright thanks, that must be it. Anxiously waiting for some news.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:08 pm

CB scheduled for next week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:47 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:53 pm

No real updates. Patton Boggs (Newark), Proskauer (Newark), and Sills interviews coming up. Still quite from Porzio, Bressler & Day Pitney and offer is on the table from Lowenstein, but only for another 2 and a half weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:44 pm

No updates here either. Had CB's with Sills and Porzio. CB's with Bressler and Cole Schotz at the end of September. Cole Schotz CB's are scheduled into October(!). Rejection from Archer. Silence from the rest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 pm

T30 top 15% and secondary journal with strong ties to NJ and some work experience.

Mass mail silence from everywhere but A&G which was a snail mail rejection.

OCI interviews with Porzio, Lowenstein, Proskauer Newark, Patton Boggs Newark, Riker Danzig, Day Pitney, Bressler.

CBs with Lowenstein (snail mail) and Patton Boggs (phone call from interviewer). Silence from the rest.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No updates here either. Had CB's with Sills and Porzio. CB's with Bressler and Cole Schotz at the end of September. Cole Schotz CB's are scheduled into October(!). Rejection from Archer. Silence from the rest.

Bressler already sent a CB? I interviewed with them last week. How long was your timetable? Wondering if I should call them. How long was the timetable for Cole? I sent my materials to them in July and still have heard nothing.

Return to “Legal Employment”