Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Day Pitney request for a phone interview via snail mail.

Cole Schotz has been scheduling into October since I scheduled my interview back in August(!).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Has anyone heard from Day Pitney after their CB interview? Did they ever say how long it would take for a reply?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Any updates from Fox Rothschild?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Any offers out there for McElroy?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers out there for McElroy?

McElroy is coming to my school (Philly-area) next week. Have they already done CBs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers out there for McElroy?

McElroy is coming to my school (Philly-area) next week. Have they already done CBs?


I just got a mass mail interview request a couple of days ago from MDM&C. But if they haven't even done OCI at places, I doubt they've done CB's (they also did OCI somewhere on the 15th because it was on the recruiter's answering machine today when I called to set up my interview).

I'm actually curious WTF happened to Connell Foley this recruiting season. Has anyone heard from them at all? They took 7 SA's last year, but they also dropped off of NALP. They are the only NJ firm I applied to that I haven't heard anything from.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers out there for McElroy?

McElroy is coming to my school (Philly-area) next week. Have they already done CBs?


I just got a mass mail interview request a couple of days ago from MDM&C. But if they haven't even done OCI at places, I doubt they've done CB's (they also did OCI somewhere on the 15th because it was on the recruiter's answering machine today when I called to set up my interview).

I'm actually curious WTF happened to Connell Foley this recruiting season. Has anyone heard from them at all? They took 7 SA's last year, but they also dropped off of NALP. They are the only NJ firm I applied to that I haven't heard anything from.


Called McElroy today and the recruiter was there during the late afternoon. Called Connell Foley last week and they said they were in the process of considering resumes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers out there for McElroy?

McElroy is coming to my school (Philly-area) next week. Have they already done CBs?


I just got a mass mail interview request a couple of days ago from MDM&C. But if they haven't even done OCI at places, I doubt they've done CB's (they also did OCI somewhere on the 15th because it was on the recruiter's answering machine today when I called to set up my interview).

I'm actually curious WTF happened to Connell Foley this recruiting season. Has anyone heard from them at all? They took 7 SA's last year, but they also dropped off of NALP. They are the only NJ firm I applied to that I haven't heard anything from.


Called McElroy today and the recruiter was there during the late afternoon. Called Connell Foley last week and they said they were in the process of considering resumes.


Yeah I have a feeling that I will be getting calls from NJ firms well after I've already made my decision. Its a shame, since I would have seriously considered a number of them had they gotten to me before my school's OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 pm

^ It is very unfortunate. I am still waiting on firms like Bressler, Riker, and Day Pitney whom I have had an interview with more than a month ago!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:^ It is very unfortunate. I am still waiting on firms like Bressler, Riker, and Day Pitney whom I have had an interview with more than a month ago!


To the posters above: if you already have offers and want certain NJ firms you had CB's with -- why not just follow up with the recruiter and tell them you have an expiring offer and would still work at the firm over your offer? Otherwise, withdraw for the sake of us that are still offer-less.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers out there for McElroy?

McElroy is coming to my school (Philly-area) next week. Have they already done CBs?


They have done some CBs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Has anyone heard any updates on Riker?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:56 pm

McCarter & English will not be hosting a summer program this year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard any updates on Riker?


Tried mailing them a bunch of times, and figured it was a given that I'd get at least a screener, yet its been just silence.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:21 pm

All these firms are, it seems, holding out for those in the T14...once they, hopefully, get rejected...they will look at the rest of the other nooby candidates.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:All these firms are, it seems, holding out for those in the T14...once they, hopefully, get rejected...they will look at the rest of the other nooby candidates.


Some of us T14'ers are still without offers and would gladly take a NJ firm job at this point.
Especially if it's Lowenstein <3. (Interview in a couple of days)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Offer received from Riker Danzig.

gemma232
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:52 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby gemma232 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer received from Riker Danzig.


stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 pm

gemma232 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer received from Riker Danzig.


stats?


Top 15% at T30 on secondary journal. Some work experience. Strong NJ ties through personal history and legal work experience (internships).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
gemma232 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer received from Riker Danzig.


stats?


Top 15% at T30 on secondary journal. Some work experience. Strong NJ ties through personal history and legal work experience (internships).


How long ago did you have your CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
gemma232 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offer received from Riker Danzig.


stats?


Top 15% at T30 on secondary journal. Some work experience. Strong NJ ties through personal history and legal work experience (internships).


How long ago did you have your CB?


+1

Any other offers out there for Riker? McElroy?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offer received from Riker Danzig.


Are you accepting it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:34 pm

My NJ interview series starts tomorrow. Need to pull an offer out of this somehow.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My NJ interview series starts tomorrow. Need to pull an offer out of this somehow.


Where are your CBs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Anyone Heard From NJ Firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Top 15% at T30 on secondary journal. Some work experience. Strong NJ ties through personal history and legal work experience (internships).[/quote]

How long ago did you have your CB?[/quote]

+1

Any other offers out there for Riker? McElroy?[/quote]

i'm new to the tls forum and not sure what the +1 means. do you also have an offer? or are you also asking when the person had their callback?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.