Alternate from Pre-Select

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Alternate from Pre-Select

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 pm

If you are an "alternate" at a pre-select school, would you suggest e-mailing either the recruiter at the firm or the interviewer coming on campus, and expressing your eagerness to interview with the firm. Any chance this will help them see you anyway? Preferable to e-mail recruiter or interviewer?

mlipsco

Re: Alternate from Pre-Select

Postby mlipsco » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

Also interested.

expungemalice

Postby expungemalice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 am

email the interviewer saying that you'd love to speak, that you are still very interested in working for x firm.

I have spoken with a few interviewers who indicated that they are informed by their employer that they are to make time for those who seek it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:34 am

expungemalice wrote:email the interviewer saying that you'd love to speak, that you are still very interested in working for x firm.

I have spoken with a few interviewers who indicated that they are informed by their employer that they are to make time for those who seek it.

also interested

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:33 pm

expungemalice wrote:email the interviewer saying that you'd love to speak, that you are still very interested in working for x firm.

How early should we do this? I'm an alternate for 5 firms that I'd love to work for, and currently have 8 other OCI interviews lined up. Should I send the email out on Monday, or wait until we get closed to their OCI interview date (which would be in ~2 weeks).

Return to “Legal Employment”