3LOLCI?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Jdman83

3LOLCI?

Postby Jdman83 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:34 pm

sorry, I accidently posted the previous post as annonymous.

So, a rising 3L here. Grades were high enough to place me within the cuff off gpa (that I have seen) for most firm interviews at 2L OCI (we have pre-select). However, due to a glitch on my part and personal circumstance that limited me to applying to only one market, I was not able to obtain Firm Gig 2L summer. Worked for SEC instead. Now, for 3L OCI, I have fixed the glitch and can apply to numerous market as well. I have couple of interviews with couple of top 10 firms coming up. ? is, how would you rate my chances and should I expect any realistic chances desipte the term "3LOLCI" lol. Again grades wise, I am fine. I am just trying to figure out how much my lack of 2L firm gig would affect me? thanks for any input!!

Anonymous User

Re: 3LOLCI?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:38 pm

"A glitch"? Define. Computer glitch kind of glitch, or had-a-vacation-planned-during-OCI sort of glitch? You're going to have to explain it to the firms you interview with, so you might as well explain to us as well.

Although working for the SEC is good and probably appealing to a lot of firms. You could try to spin it as wanting to get experience from the government side in order to inform your private-sector work if you're interested in securities.

Jdman83

Postby Jdman83 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:45 pm

lol it was a computer glitch, but a glitch I should've caught. It was too late by the time I realized what happened. With me being limited to applying to one market at that time, I just couldn't recover in time. I'm a bit embarrased about it, but I don't plan on mentioning this during interviews as nothing good will come of it. It was a problem that I now corrected, and I am certain it won't happen EVER again lol (but they don't need to know all that). In any event, I am hoping you are right. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 am

OP: school and rank if you dont mind?

Return to “Legal Employment”