OCI: Orifices Continually Invaded

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TheSituation

OCI: Orifices Continually Invaded

Postby TheSituation » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:59 pm

A thread to vent your frustration and anger at firms for not selecting you for interviews.

kind of like "The Ding Bar" but for jobs instead of schools.

blurbz

Re: OCI: Orifices Continually Invaded

Postby blurbz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:06 pm

I met a recruiter at an event a few months ago, exchanged emails, talked with her a bit...I had a really good feeling about the firm. I'm an alternate.

theantiscalia

Postby theantiscalia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:14 pm

A firm that rejected me said in their letter that they weren't hiring Notre Dame students.

A few hours later, a resume collect appeared on Symplicity.

WTF?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:15 pm

ONLY GOT HALF AS MANY INTERVIEWS AS I THOUGHT I WOULD, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Postby 09042014 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:15 pm

theantiscalia wrote:A firm that rejected me said in their letter that they weren't hiring Notre Dame students.

WTF?

NATIONAL REACH

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
theantiscalia wrote:A firm that rejected me said in their letter that they weren't hiring Notre Dame students.

WTF?

NATIONAL REACH

DAT LAY PRESTIGE

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:19 pm

I got interviews with V10 and V25 firms but somehow I am not good enough for you Vedder Price and DLA Piper?? Fuck you. :evil:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Lol I got a callback at a V10 and didn't get selected by a multiple sub V100 firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Three V40's I am strongly interested in (and they have the most interview spots at my OCI) = not invited. V10 + two V20's with fewer interview spots = preselected. This stuff doesn't make sense.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Three V40's I am strongly interested in (and they have the most interview spots at my OCI) = not invited. V10 + two V20's with fewer interview spots = preselected. This stuff doesn't make sense.

V10 = Weil? If so, believable.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Three V40's I am strongly interested in (and they have the most interview spots at my OCI) = not invited. V10 + two V20's with fewer interview spots = preselected. This stuff doesn't make sense.

That obvious, eh?

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:27 pm

WTF?

I'm pretty surprised a firm would outright say they're not hiring anybody from your school. Forget even the part about the resume collect.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That obvious, eh?

The slight, musky scent of prestige emanating from that beautiful 59th street / 5th avenue Weil office, without all the pesky grade selectivity that most other V10s worry about, is said to have aroused many a Cornellian (although the appeal is certainly not limited to the town of Ithaca).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:33 pm

WTF?

firm name?

mths

Postby mths » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The slight, musky scent of prestige emanating from that beautiful 59th street / 5th avenue Weil office, without all the pesky grade selectivity that most other V10s worry about, is said to have aroused many a Cornellian (although the appeal is certainly not limited to the town of Ithaca).

poetic

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Lol I got a callback at a V10 and didn't get selected by a multiple sub V100 firms.

lol @ you thinking Vault ranges imply selectivity

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm one of those UVA 2Ls who bid almost all large, low GPA minimum NYC firms and got fuckin owned. 0 preselects and 0 alternates. I'm a bit below median, probably around "top" 60%.

crazyblink653

Postby crazyblink653 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm one of those UVA 2Ls who bid almost all large, low GPA minimum NYC firms and got fuckin owned. 0 preselects and 0 alternates. I'm a bit below median, probably around "top" 60%.

ouch. my sympathies..

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 pm

I went 22/23 on preselect at my T50 school. The one firm I did not get? A 3 attorney criminal boutique firm that is looking to take on an associate. WTF? I guess they figure that I am likely to pick any firm over theirs and I am a waste of their time and they would rather interview people who want to work for them. Still, several other micro-firms preselected me.

I am not complaining, but WTF?

flcath

Postby flcath » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm

goodolgil wrote:

WTF?

I'm pretty surprised a firm would outright say they're not hiring anybody from your school. Forget even the part about the resume collect.

(a) The resume collect thing is typical CSO flame. They'll post things that they know won't be fruitful just to populate the Symplicity screen.

(b) theantiscalia is literally in like the top 3 people in our class at Notre Dame. There really was no other excuse they could give to ding him pre-interview.

(c) There are no Irells or Wachtells on our resume collect site, and thus point (b) probably means they just aren't really looking to hire.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That obvious, eh?

Meanwhile, I got preselects at CSM and S&C, but not at Weil. This process truly seems like it has no rhyme or reason sometimes.

Bronte

Postby Bronte » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Grizz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Lol I got a callback at a V10 and didn't get selected by a multiple sub V100 firms.

lol @ you thinking Vault ranges imply selectivity

Nvm. Stats fail.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 pm

flcath wrote:
goodolgil wrote:

WTF?

(a) The resume collect thing is typical CSO flame. They'll post things that they know won't be fruitful just to populate the Symplicity screen.

(b) theantiscalia is literally in like the top 3 people in our class at Notre Dame. There really was no other excuse they could give to ding him pre-interview.

(c) There are no Irells or Wachtells on our resume collect site, and thus point (b) probably means they just aren't really looking to hire.

Got to love a firm that can't even make sure their client is a secured creditor.

pren

Postby pren » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:42 pm

What I am really baffled with is that through research, I found that certain firms have continually deferred start date for summer associates for the past few years. Yet, they're interviewing at my school. Are they genuine in that they want to hire students in the area or are they just browsing, as well as keeping a good rapport with the law school, in case the market picks up in the future for them?!

Maybe, I'm just getting quite cynical these days.

dood

Postby dood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 am

lol @ weil. my only V10 interview too (last year)

Return to “Legal Employment”