Fall 2011 African American OCI Bidding/Pre-select Results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
2011Cycle

Fall 2011 African American OCI Bidding/Pre-select Results

Postby 2011Cycle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:59 am

As a soon to be 1L(in 2 weeks), I have found the insights provided by participants representing the diverse demographic groups represented in TLS from this year's and prior year's threads to be useful from . However, OCI and post-graduation employment data submitted by the African-American subset of the TLC community is lacking. Thus, I have initiated this thread in hope of providing not only a resource to myself, but others who may have noticed and had the same question.

Understanding of the potential sensitivity of the information, anonymously posting is more than acceptable -- despite the possibility of trolling comments abusing the feature.

If one chooses to submit, please provide at a minimum the rank of the law school one is attending and 1L class rank. Any additional data points beyond those are welcomed.

Anonymous User

Re: Fall 2011 African American OCI Bidding/Pre-select Results

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 am

This may not be smart, b/c there are so few of us that it is easy to ID who is who. I think maybe after fall results and offers are out would be the best time to start a thread like this.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 am

2011Cycle wrote:As a soon to be 1L(in 2 weeks), I have found the insights provided by participants representing the diverse demographic groups represented in TLS from this year's and prior year's threads to be useful from . However, OCI and post-graduation employment data submitted by the African-American subset of the TLC community is lacking. Thus, I have initiated this thread in hope of providing not only a resource to myself, but others who may have noticed and had the same question.

Understanding of the potential sensitivity of the information, anonymously posting is more than acceptable -- despite the possibility of trolling comments abusing the feature.

If one chooses to submit, please provide at a minimum the rank of the law school one is attending and 1L class rank. Any additional data points beyond those are welcomed.

I hope you don't write like this in real life. That post was a mess...

Postby 20121109 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 am

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=162054

There is little reason to start a new thread purely for AAs. Please enjoy Oban's creation

Return to “Legal Employment”