Transcript format for mass mails/OCI?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transcript format for mass mails/OCI?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 pm

What format should we use to submit our grades to employers? I'm sending a mass mail with a cover letter, my resume, and want to include my transcript - is it ok to attach a pdf of the web version of my grades report from the school's webpage? What counts as an 'official' transcript, if not this - something fancy with a stamp on it that I scanned anyway?

goodolgil

Re: Transcript format for mass mails/OCI?

Postby goodolgil » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Official transcript would have a registrar stamp/seal. It stops being "official" if you open it, so that won't work. You don't need to send this anyway.

An unofficial transcript can be made a few different ways. For the 1L summer search I just took screen shots of my grades and turned them into a PDF. Now that my transcript is bigger (3 semesters including Fall 2011) I just copied and pasted it into a Word doc and then made a PDF. The formatting held surprisingly well.
Last edited by goodolgil on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Is that what everyone does? I did so last semester as well and it seems obvious, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't stick out this time around.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:32 pm

I downloaded mine into Word and formatted it so it was easy to read. Doing a single PDF of cover letter, resume, and transcript.

Return to “Legal Employment”